9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Advice Needed: Buying a New 2012 Civic Si

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  kschmodes 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.

I'm a new member and just joined this wonderful community. I am looking to buy a new Si and I need advice. I'm not sure if I should buy a sedan or coupe; so any advice on that will help me out.

Also, the price. Dealers aren't really giving me a good quote. I'm trying to get 23OTD. Any advice on how to negotiate or haggle the salesmen?

Lastly, I'm really interested in the HFP but cannot locate one at any dealer in California. Let me know of any options I have. Please give me any advice you can.

Thanks so much!

#2 · (Edited)
Assuming you mean a 2012, $3500 off MSRP is about what dealers around here have been quoting me this week. They want to get all the 2012s off the lots. I was quoted around $19770 and $19990 from 2 dealers for sedan Si with all season tires/no navigation. Check the "what did you pay" thread here for more prices recent buyers have paid.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
Please help! Buying a New Si

Hello everyone.

I'm a new member and just joined this wonderful community. I am looking to buy a new Si and I need advice. I'm not sure if I should buy a sedan or coupe; so any advice on that will help me out.

Also, the price. Dealers aren't really giving me a good quote. I'm trying to get 23OTD. Any advice on how to negotiate or haggle the salesmen?

Lastly, I'm really interested in the HFP but cannot locate one at any dealer in California. Let me know of any options I have. Please give me any advice you can.

Thanks so much!

#6 ·
Coupe vs Sedan: If you have kids or more than one person that rides in your car often, get a sedan. The coupe looks better IMO, but is less practical and the vis over the left shoulder isn't as good. Best thing you can do is test drive both and see if it bugs you.

#7 ·
If you are like me 99% passenger free then consider the Coupe for sure. Purists know that Si's are supposed to be two doors. Ouch, sorry Sedan owners that wasn't meant to degrade your fine cars at all.

#11 ·
For the navi version you may be about as low as you will get at that price before someone else buys it.

#15 ·
4x duplication. We'll answer your questions my man. Don't need to post it up everywhere.

:locked:

#16 ·
I counted 4 threads this same post was in. Please keep it to one. We'll find it and get your questions all answered up.

The HFP package is a $4000 add-on. You won't get an HFP for $23k - ever unless you grab one used. But $21,600 + TTLF is a good deal for a Si w/Navi. My dealer is still wanting around $22k flat for Si coupes w/o navi. The Si coupe really isn't changing and at least my dealer considers it a lateral to go to 2013, so they're only discounting them about $1000.

Reactions: kschmodes
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.