9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after much googling and research I've decided the best way to upgrade my '15 Civic Coupe EX non-navi while on a budget is an after market amp + new speakers(main source following the advice on the 3rd post on another thread that I can't link cause I'm new). I found a decent 2 channel amp that supports Differential Balanced inputs(to avoid needing an LOC) as the plan is to splice the wires from the pre-amp out of my stereo into the new amp. From there, I planned on running two pairs of 4 ohm speakers in parallel to result in a 2 ohm draw, keeping the sub stock for now. I'll lose the option to fade, but that's one thing I don't think I've ever used. So here's what I have...

Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P300X2
Front Speakers: Focal Integration ISS 165
Rear Speakers: Kicker 43CSC674
Wiring Kit: Rockford Fosgate RFK8

If/when I decide to do a sub upgrade I plan on just adding a mono amp and upgrading that speaker.
One thing I am confused about is if the amp will accept the right kind of inputs for what I am planning. I'm a little fuzzy on speaker-level vs line level(I think) and which I'll need for this type of upgrade.
Obviously I put some nice speakers up front and bare minimum in the back(It's a coupe and I don't plan on riding with 4 people, kinda, ever). Does this make sense or would it really be better to meet in the middle of the price range and get 2 pairs of identical speakers?
Anything else I'll need to do this myself? I have wire strippers, pry tools. Mostly asking about wiring, I plan to use the speaker wires already in place.

Any tips or pointers greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I personally think the door/rear deck speakers are just fine. More so the lack in bass that I can't wrap my head around. I originally was going to just add an amp and sub but decided I'm happy with what the factory has provided. Plus I'm trying to any excess weight to a bare minimum.

The OE amp that powers the doors may not be up to the task of powering the focals/kickers unless they are pretty close in specs. But at that point why bother upgrading them if output is close to stock? If you really wanted to beef up the doors, a new amp to run highs/mids would be needed to get better audio quality. Running a dedicated amp for the doors/rear deck would mean running additional wires from the doors/deck to reach the new amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts