9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone heard anything about the afe downpipes? I'm looking at a catted one compared to an Rv6.
https://afepower.com/afe-power-48-36602-hc-twisted-steel-down-pipe-street-series
Their welds look pretty solid and I like how the actual bell mouth is made out of stainless too, all one material. Don't know how well it would hold up though or how it sits so looking for someone with experience with it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also interested in this one. I'm also looking for a dp that will pass NY State Inspections and seeing that the RV6 catted DP has its O2 sensor before the CAT has me hesitant. Not too sure about going with the 3 in. DP's either

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Long time later but I got the rv6 and with intake+exhaust and tuned it will not pass emissions lol. Thank you Alberta
Same issue here. Kinda wish I hadn't gotten the catted version since it doesn't matter, but I got it off a member here for cheap so can't be too upset. They don't check for cats down here, but they do check to make sure the o2 sensors are reading lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also interested in this one. I'm also looking for a dp that will pass NY State Inspections and seeing that the RV6 catted DP has its O2 sensor before the CAT has me hesitant. Not too sure about going with the 3 in. DP's either
I've seen this comment come up numerous times in multiple threads and don't quite understand the placement issue regarding the O2 sensor. Having just recently installed a used catted RV6 downpipe, I can say for certain that the O2 sensor bung is in the exact same place as on the stock downpipe. I realize a couple other manufacturers place it after the secondary cat which results in needing an extension which in my experience is just one more thing to go wrong. The defouler is there to trick the O2 sensor as the pre-cat is deleted (even on a catted pipe). That said, you'd still need a defouler if it were placed after the secondary cat (on a catted downpipe) as the aftermarket cats are high flow race versions. The secondary O2 sensor does nothing other than monitor that the pre-cat is functioning properly. The primary sensor on the bellmouth is the one that monitors the A/F ratio.
If I'm way out of line please correct me, and I'm certainly not trying to shit on anybody... just trying to understand why so many people seem to have an issue with this when it's an otherwise excellent downpipe.
PS: I'm aware some people will want their downpipe to have 2 secondary O2 bungs to run wideband, but that's not what this issue is about...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Even with the O2 defouler on my RV6 it throws a code. I've heard of people adjusting it and making it work, but I just turned off the sensor.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I went from RV6 catted to a now non-catted setup. It's stinky. Garage stinks from just backing car in or out, windows down at a stop light and the stink gets into the cab. Im ok with loosing a couple HP to get rid of the smell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts