9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my AFE Exhaust installed today. My initial thought is wow this thing is loud inside the car. Even with the windows up. It sounds smooth but loud. I am hoping after the first week of breaking in it will quiet down a little. I do notice the power. Its there. Can really feel it in 3rd and 4th gear. Seems like I get to the red line so much faster I am happy with the look because it has a stock but aggressive look to it. More to come and video to come as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
looks nice, didn't know what to think about the dual tips, but it looks alright. different.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yea that was my initial thought too.. but it quiets down to a steady soft rumble when cruising at a steady speed... I dont know if I got used to it or it did in fact get quieter lol, but I have the Takeda intake and AFE TBS so it probably is a little louder than yours.. I dont know if you have experienced this but it seems when you punch it, its deeper/loud at lower RPMs and kinda quiets down/you hear the engine over the exhaust more at the higher RPMs.. I dont know if I make sense but anyways.. I can feel the power difference too and am happy with it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yea that was my initial thought too.. but it quiets down to a steady soft rumble when cruising at a steady speed... I dont know if I got used to it or it did in fact get quieter lol, but I have the Takeda intake and AFE TBS so it probably is a little louder than yours.. I dont know if you have experienced this but it seems when you punch it, its deeper/loud at lower RPMs and kinda quiets down/you hear the engine over the exhaust more at the higher RPMs.. I dont know if I make sense but anyways.. I can feel the power difference too and am happy with it.
nice setup all aFe. how is the power gain, significant? i would think with a downpipe and tune this engine can get some great gains.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its nice to know that it may quiet down. Its only been on my car for about 4 hours now and 2 of them my car was parked. Tomorrow I will be able to really see what its about. I have the Injen Cold air intake on my car as well. Baby steps to a faster Si.

I added one more pic sorry its blurry.

Attachments

·
ROTY 2012 Winner
971 Posts
Awesome!! I can't wait for age to release this exhaust for the coupe!! I'm gonna be one of the first in line for it!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
197 Posts
nice setup all aFe. how is the power gain, significant? i would think with a downpipe and tune this engine can get some great gains.
Yea I was their R&D for for the K24 sedan so they hooked it up big time with free parts..lol.. I can feel a power gain as far as it being more torquier/more responsive..I was messing around with a co worker who has a v6 mustang I got up to 130mph pretty easy and my car felt like it wanted to keep on going but I slowed down.. but overall im happy with my butt dyno readings...lol

·
Registered
932 Posts
Looks cleaner then i imagined it would do!

Marko!!

·
June 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
198 Posts
in for vids!! kinda like the dual tip look...its different.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think it looks great and nice to have some performance attached.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks really good. But isn't it 2.5" instead of 3"?

I ask because I want to eventually go turbo and 2.5" would be to small. This K24 would be amazing all motor with 2.5" and even 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice video.. that quality turned out way better than mine.. lol.. but i recorded it with a crappy camera phone
Looks really good. But isn't it 2.5" instead of 3"?

I ask because I want to eventually go turbo and 2.5" would be to small. This K24 would be amazing all motor with 2.5" and even 3" exhaust.
yea its a 2.5" exhaust.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it is a 2.5. However I think I am going to take it off. Way to loud inside. I need to see if AFE does returns.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yes it is a 2.5. However I think I am going to take it off. Way to loud inside. I need to see if AFE does returns.
Dang to loud??

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

1 - 20 of 35 Posts