Registered
799 Posts
No love for the si :-(

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No love for the si :-(
Yea no love, except for all of the parts already available for you! haha Poor R18 owners like me have so little options as of now :( Whoever takes part in this will be representing all R18 owners and taking an active role in developing a quality part for our beloved vehicle!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Haha I know they have the part I meant wish I would of know they were looking for a tester for the si when they were looking

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
email'd and how are aFe intakes, generally?
Looking at member's experiences with the aFe intake for the 8th gen R18, the members were very happy with the performance. Here is a sound clip from youtube of an 8th Gen LX AUTO

The only modification done on that car is the intake. Pretty nice sound isn't it?

I only show that so you can get a feel of the difference it can make. However, the intake they're trying to make now is what they call a Momentum style intake. On my original post I put up a photo of what the one for the Si looks like.

The Si model gets up to +20HP and +18TQ, so it'll be exciting to see what the R18 can get from it!

@kernz7 That's the name of the engine used in the non-Si Civics.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just came back from there. Met with Christian who is developing the intake for r18 and ryan.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App
congrats dude.. they used my SI to build their products and they will definitely take care of you and your car. The intake I have on my car isnt the CAI but its an SRI and im loving everything about it from the sound to the performance.

Reactions: Jason

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
congrats dude.. they used my SI to build their products and they will definitely take care of you and your car. The intake I have on my car isnt the CAI but its an SRI and im loving everything about it from the sound to the performance.
yeah the facility is pretty nice and it looks like they're always pushing to be ahead of the game. their location is perfect too. close to my work place.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very exciting to see progress on more CAIs for the R18, it'll be good to have options when I get around to putting one in!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah the facility is pretty nice and it looks like they're always pushing to be ahead of the game. their location is perfect too. close to my work place.
Yea its pretty big too.. lucky you.. i have to drive from Long Beach.. lol but I dont mind the drive and its well worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand aFe already has a 2012 Civic LX sedan and that I am totally new to this site and Civics in general. Also I have no care for creating a tuner car out of my Civic. I am just trying to see how high I can get my mpg to go. So if you still want/need someones car to work on let me know. Either way I hope to see an intake out soon for the 2012 Civic so I can see my mpg rise. Enjoy the day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts