9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I live in NYC and want to replace the stock intake. I got a sales from a 9th gen member who sells Takeda SRI for R18 at an affordable price. And I want to take advantage of it.

I understood that R18 does not respond well with bolt on. Given that I live in NYC, is it still good to get this Takeda SRI?

Does it work along the P2R TBS?

What's your feedback about using this SRI on your 9th gen r18? Is there any issue with hot air in engine bay? I live in NYC and summer gets pretty hot though.

I'm debating this as some CAI may reduce the throttle response and require a engine remap afterward. Some suck up water that causes hydro lock.

I need some feedback on this aFe SRI so I can evaluate myself if I want to go forward with this.

Thanks,

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've used this SRI and it's basically good for more induction noise. It is actually a decent sound that comes into the cabin.
In my experience overall, this product will not give you noticeable performance gains. When flooring it at freeway speeds, it did feel like the RPMs climbed faster. However there is a trade off as in stop and go traffic, it feels like the motor is a little more sluggish. Probably due to heatsoak. This is the theory of all SRI's in general, and it has been my experience. I am currently running my stock intake and the takeda is sitting in my garage, and I will install it again some day soon to see if having it combined with my new takeda axleback will make a bigger difference. Again, I doubt that it will. All in all its a cool part to have if to tinker around every once and a while, but your stock airbox is definately better for daily driving.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've used this SRI and it's basically good for more induction noise. It is actually a decent sound that comes into the cabin.
In my experience overall, this product will not give you noticeable performance gains. When flooring it at freeway speeds, it did feel like the RPMs climbed faster. However there is a trade off as in stop and go traffic, it feels like the motor is a little more sluggish. Probably due to heatsoak. This is the theory of all SRI's in general, and it has been my experience. I am currently running my stock intake and the takeda is sitting in my garage, and I will install it again some day soon to see if having it combined with my new takeda axleback will make a bigger difference. Again, I doubt that it will. All in all its a cool part to have if to tinker around every once and a while, but your stock airbox is definately better for daily driving.
I noticed the same thing even with a K&N drop in. Seems like it lost midrange but felt a little more up top. I got used to the midrange torque and when installing a part like a CAI or RBC that shifts power up top, I get disappointed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, did you get yours installed? if you did, could you please send me a close up of the drill holes? also, please pm the sales guys info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts