9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credits to a fellow forum member Ace-ington who found this, thought I'd start up a topic about it...

Cold Air Intake System Takeda Takeda Intake System; Stage 2 Polished; PRO 5R; Honda Civic Si, 2012 L4-2.4L TM-1018P-R - aFe Power

Just ordered one for myself and will keep all updated. I was hesitant on the Injen and most other CAI setups since it would place the filter in a hard to reach area plus low down ie. risk of water/hydrolock, so an icebox type setup is exactly what I was wishing for.

·
Registered
225 Posts
pretty serious gains from this!! thats great to see

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just ordered mine a few days ago along with a throttle body spacer. did you get the email that the ETA for them is 6-8 weeks too?

·
Registered
38 Posts
one is a oiled and the other is a dry filter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is the intake i was looking for !!! like so much

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are is it good? .. and which one to buy?

- TM-1018P-R or
- TM-1018P-D ?

Should I wait and buy the Injen CAI?

·
Registered
189 Posts
im leaning towards the ice box set up but I really want to hear a sound clip before I buy

·
Registered
56 Posts
mee too but Takeda have 4hp more than Injen.. :S is big for a CAI!

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks like a good intake with really good numbers I would like to hear how it sounds when you get it installed.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
mee too but Takeda have 4hp more than Injen.. :S is big for a CAI!
Actually I believe Injen reached up to 19hp gains on their dyno tests. But they are advertising the real and consistent number for gains.

Hence Hondatas advertised gains. "up to" a certain number. If you are expecting 19whp from AFE ice box, Prepare to be disappointed.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
Anytime you see a company that says whatever gains you should actually expect about half lol

Reactions: Krayjee

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
OMG im sorry guys i didnt look at that intake til after i posted that last post but im sorry IMO that thing is garbage i would never use anything like that and i damn sure wouldnt pay $357 for it that thing is not a cold air intake

1 - 20 of 75 Posts