9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A million apologies for the long delay but the intakes are now shipping. Thank you to those that were able to wait.

·
Registered
214 Posts
A million apologies for the long delay but the intakes are now shipping. Thank you to those that were able to wait.
I think u guys did the right thing by taking your time. I would rather have a product that works correctly and gives good gain then a product that the company throws out that does nothing (i wont mention names)

i can't wait to see people's dyno sheets with this intake. I'm ready to order one if it delivers good gains

do u have any dyno sheets to post?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think u guys did the right thing by taking your time. I would rather have a product that works correctly and gives good gain then a product that the company throws out that does nothing (i wont mention names)

i can't wait to see people's dyno sheets with this intake. I'm ready to order one if it delivers good gains

do u have any dyno sheets to post?
Here is a link to info on the intake as well as the a dyno sheet Cold Air Intake System Takeda Takeda Intake System; Stage 2 Polished; PRO 5R; Honda Civic Si, 2012 L4-2.4L TM-1018P-R - aFe Power and heres a link to some videos of the intake.. theres one on the first page and a couple short videos on page 6 http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/bolt-ons-all-motor/5560-afe-takeda-momentum-intake-system.html

·
Registered
170 Posts
has anyone got theirs yet?

·
Registered
362 Posts
wtfff where is my tracking number? i saw on the aFe site that it was in stock but is now sold out.

i emailed corsport and they said no tracking number yet. if they are planning on making me wait any longer im getting a refund.

this wait is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not sure what to say guys - I got mine today, almost lost hope but haven't been doing much with the car lately so I haven't even been checking for it, just saw the shipping notice last week in my inbox. I did order direct from aFe, April 9th (just before others jumped on it here I think).

Got it installed, took about an hour to get it done, had to yank a bit hard to get the coolant hose out. Fit for the box itself is good but not quite perfect, took a bit of fussing to get it into the rear mounts then a bit more on the front side. It all went together fine though.

Didn't know what to expect and honestly I wasn't expecting too much, but a few houses down the road out of my driveway, the butt dyno said "shit, this is fast!". VSA light seems to concur with my butt dyno since it was going off more during heavy throttle starts (have summer tires on the car too right now). Note - I did install it with the P2R throttle body spacer which was there previously, and have the Hondata reflash... been running with a K&N drop-in/P2R/Hondata for a while now. Definitely a noticeable difference and more than I expected. Still I was really hoping to hear what others though of it.

Sounds I doubt you could tell from a video/sound clip but there is a difference if you listen for it under throttle while driving.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I talked to a lady at AFE today and said that they are basing their shipping on a list order. I would imagine that is by order of buyer purchase. I'm at 25 in the list and se said that maybe next week mine would be shipped.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
980 Posts
wait is this cold air intake or a short ram intake?
Its a bit of both - really its a short ram intake with a housing to draw cold air using the factory air intake scoop piping.

I'm guessing they probably have only limited production capacity to fabricate the filter box since its a rather custom molded piece, so maybe they can only mold so many at a time.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Would it work good with resonator deleted?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
913 Posts
It draws air thru it so it will help for sure!! But you'll have to put some piece of hose on the stock duct so it will take cold-air in the bumper cover area! :) That's what i plan to do!

Marko!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all, we have been shipping these out everyday. Please email me directly at [email protected] with your name, date or purchase and who you bought from. If they are a direct account or you bought directly from aFe I could definitely track it. We shipped these out by order date. The good news is we will have all backorder completely shipped out by Monday or Tuesday. Again, we have been shipping everyday.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts