9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We uploaded a video of the new air intake system. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected] or you can PM me. Here are some notes: 1. Yes the hood is open during the dyno. At this time we do not have any fan that could simulate the real wind at these miles per hour. We are going to be building a new state of the art dyno room that will be able to simulate improved wind conditions later this year. In addition, if we don't open the hood, the car is going to overheat from the consistent runs we are doing every 5 minutes during testing. 2. We use a Mustang Dyno but our AWD Dyno Jet is being installed in the next few weeks. The Mustang Dyno shows lower numbers than a DynoJet but you will see very similar HP/TQ gains. 3. We are in the tooling phase right now. We had to make sure everything was just right....no fitment issues, no check engine lights, etc. We invested a lot of testing, engineering, Solid Works hours, real road testing with thousands of miles put on the vehicle, and 3D printing hours, to ensure we release a quality part. We understand that many of you are very anxious. For those that bought directly on our website or called in, you will be receiving an update and some good will for your patience. For those that cannot wait for the release, we understand as well. You can contact me and I will put you in touch with customer service. However, if you do wait, we thank you and we are confident you will be completely satisfied with your purchase. The estimated ship date is the week of June 18th (Originally we expected May31st). 4. We have prototypes on a few cars now. They love them. They will be online to post their true reviews of the system. We asked them for their brutal honesty and there was nothing but pure excitement. 5. The system shown on the vehicle is raw and will be polished for the production models.

If anybody would like to visit aFe to pick up their intake when available, we are happy to bring you in for a scheduled tour and lunch. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.
From all of us at aFe, thank you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ordered mine through corsport couple weeks ago (the dry s). I guess they put it up by accident, but have taken it down since then. I am patiently waiting!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
That was a great and informative first post. Also, Congrats on all the new toys you guys will be getting.

Nice video! The exhaust looks nice too. Thanks for supporting the 9th Gen Si!

Sent From My LG G2x

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
cool vid...good post... need better intro music... lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank for posting..the exhaust seems nice..any date?

Song by New Order:eusa_clap:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. The exhaust will release in about two weeks (it's quick because there's no tooling). You can go to afepower website to view the Dyno graphs

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
cool vid...good post... need better intro music... lol
Pretty sure I recognize that music by New Order if correct.

Thanks for the video, please post the dyno sheet here as a jpg if possible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Man that Sounds SWEET!! This is the intake that interests me... dont trust those CAI would like to see the dyno sheets though to see if it actually does anything besides sound better....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like how the intake sounds and the 2barrell pipe looks like acura csx .thnx for the vids.more power to you.

Reactions: aFePower

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post the Dyno tomorrow. Maybe we can do a few Dyno runs for some of the members that pick up their intakes at Afe. Contact me to schedule.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Thanks, that would be great to see and I hope members can take you up on the offer. I appreciate your support of the 9th Gen Civic and I am sure others do too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post an exhaust video and Dyno in a few weeks. Here is just a short video of our exhaust department. We sell and build thousands of exhausts per month. We just invested nearly $1M in new equipment for the exhaust department in 2012. We build diesel, gas trucks, American muscle, BMW, Audi, and VW exhausts. We have also hired the Original Founder of DC Sports and a few of their key employees so you will also start to see a lot of headers and down pipes from aFe. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Geeeeeeeez!

Your videos sure know how to pump people up, At least me! Haha.

Looks like high tech quality work. Keep it up! Looking forward to what you guys will come out with next for the 9th Gen Si

Sent From My LG G2x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TuanB. Thank you for your order. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Ok? Thanks for your patience. We will do all we can to beat the new date.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Will you be offering a downpipe for us soon?

1 - 20 of 124 Posts