9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2012 Civic LX sedan after we lost the motor in our '01 Jetta TDI. Have had, let's see.., 5 Honda motorcycles out of 26 (70's and early 80's, then to european brands), 1 Honda lawnmower (hibernating), and 1 Honda snowblower (should be using it as I type:)). Less than 400 miles so far, but we're liking it. Probably won't post pics, it's "cool mist", stock, and will probably stay that way. Looking for a minimum of 7 years to keep it. After approximately 200 miles calculated mpg was 27, but I don't think they filled it as full as I did. Seems to be doing better already. My wife drives it mostly, our other vehicle (4 wheel) is my work truck, so we'll use the Honda for most everthing else.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
congrats on your new ride and welcome to the site

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
congrats! hope u love the new car! welcome to the site

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I just came from a 2006 Jetta mine was not the TDI but I had a few issues with the engine so I gave it up. I have about 800 miles on my new Civic and the fuel economy continues to improve with each tank. :)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Welcome to the site and I hope you get more than 7 years of Honda experience with your new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome! All is well as a Honda owner so far. Did a search on specs for our 01 Jetta and the new 12 Civic, it's confirmed, the Civic is a bigger car. Haven't tapped into the 140 hp yet, but I expect it to get along better than the Jetta too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts