9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an after market backup camera on my honda civic 2014 - LX.
The power for the camera is coming from the rear gear lights and the video is to be displayed on the front IMID. The camera works when I go to the IMID Hidden settings >> Camera, and I can see the video live. But it doesn't automatically come up when I change the gear to rear.
I checked all the wiring system, sockets,... of the camera and they're all OK. I even verified it with other brands installation manuals.
I checked all the fuses (front and dash) and placed new fuses in the vacant ones and it didn't work.
Does anyone know what is the issue?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You should have hooked up 3 wires behind the imid.... + and - video signal and 12v only when in reverse.

Do you have these 3 wires installed in the correct spots on the imid harness?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+ and _ video signals are connected correct (I have the video when I go to the Hidden settings of the IMID)
The 12V is also connected (from the rear gear light) to the correct pin (I also checked the pin location with other brands manual as well).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sounds like your problem is the 12v (only when in reverse) wire.

When the car is put into reverse, 12v is sent from one of the wires you connected at the taillight, to the imid. When 12v is detected at the imid, the screen switches from imid display to backup camera.

I'd bet your problem is that 12v wire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts