9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I took out my stock headunit to install my double din tomorrow and my keyless entry buttons no longer work. What can I do to fix this so it will work? I read some places where you have to tuck your stock stereo under your aftermarket one just to keep 2 connectors connected, is this true? Please help I'll be installing first thing in the morning. I have a 2012 civic 4 door lx with the 1.8l fyi. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I removed my stock stereo on my si and drove around with it out to go buy some parts I needed. The remote still worked, then after I installed the double din it still worked so I don't think the HU removal has anything to do with the keyless entry. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Theres a fuse that handle locks, and theres another one that handles locks, dome light, ac, and radio (timer) when the car is keyless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to check the fuses but it just doesnt seem like it should be messing up by disconnecting the battery and unplugging a few things. I really want to know what those other 2 connectors that were in the back of the stereo go to.

·
Registered
597 Posts
The big brown one is 24-pin main harness, power, ground, and signal. Small 20-pin brown one is connected to i-MID (data) and AUX, CANBus. White is 14-pin GA-Net+ (auxilary device connection-device that use AUX on radio face to select) connector, connecting USB audio from i-MID, bluetooth unit, XM. 8-pin connector (Premium audio) is for subwoofer connection. The 2-pin connector is antenna, along with a switched 12V.

Nothing would affect your keyless entry from all of the plugs mentioned above.

·
Registered
110 Posts
96-98 civics had the factory keyless built into the oem radio and one of the options was to keep the stock deck connected and cram it behind the replacement unit. that may be the info you are seeing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts