9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Where are yall from? Do i have to upgrade clutch as soon as i install the supercharger ? I may not have funds to do it all at once cant i get by with stock clutch as long as im not driving crazy til i get more funds.
Its highly recommended to upgrade the clutch because you will be making a lot more hp and tq which the stock clutxlch just cant properly handle. Youll still be able to drive it fine if youre driving like a normal human being but of you start to push the car hard and rev it out youll just get clutch slip and prematurely wear it out faster. Im in FL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Id definitely baby it til i got a clutch it would only be a paycheck or 2 id have to wait to get clutch anywaus so wouldnt be that bad . I just figured the sc and the tune is definitely more important than a clutch at first. What part im about 3 hours from destin florida

·
Registered
475 Posts
Id definitely baby it til i got a clutch it would only be a paycheck or 2 id have to wait to get clutch anywaus so wouldnt be that bad . I just figured the sc and the tune is definitely more important than a clutch at first. What part im about 3 hours from destin florida
I suggest to do the clutch, motor mounts first. Your engine is not making the power on a Dyno if the clutch cannot transmit it. Hard to get a proper tune if your engine is only at 60% load. Dyno shops around me are about 130 an hour, so it pays off for the car to be ready when it gets on the Dyno.

If it's really 2 weeks longer to get a clutch, I would think it'd be much less frustration to wait the 2 weeks and do things correctly.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I found a place in mobile alabama that charges flat fee of 450 and thats to do it til its tuned right. Thats the closest place near me

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My brother has a stage 3 clutch amd flywheel off a 06 acura rsx wonder he said he give me Wonder if it work i read where te clutch would work but id have to buy new flywheel.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts