9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed an AVIC-Z140BH in my 2012 Si. I used the wiring harness that allows you to use the pre-amp outputs of the headunit. However, there is no sound. Is there a remote turn-on wire I need to tap into?

Also, I thought I had used to the proper reverse wire (brown wire behind hood release), however, my backup camera does not come when I put the car in reverse. Is there a better method for doing this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Today I installed an AVIC-Z140BH in my 2012 Si. I used the wiring harness that allows you to use the pre-amp outputs of the headunit. However, there is no sound. Is there a remote turn-on wire I need to tap into?

Also, I thought I had used to the proper reverse wire (brown wire behind hood release), however, my backup camera does not come when I put the car in reverse. Is there a better method for doing this?

Thanks!
Easy report wire to tap into is the cig lighter spot next to the aux port. I tapped into that for my amp and have had no problems thus far

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
100 Posts

Thanks!
Can you reply with some kind of link or picture so I can see what harness you are using?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Does the Head unit power up when the cars on? Can you turn it off and on with the car off? The accessory line can be run into the fuse panel by the door. Provided the harness is right it should just plug and play. Go into settings on the unit and turn pre amp out to on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I finally got around to troubleshooting my issues. I had forgotten to hookup the amp remote turn-on wire in the wire harness.

I still cannot figure out the reverse wire. I tried using the brown wire under the dash and the ground wire of the reverse light. I tried changing the polarity in the settings of the headunit but the headunit always thinks it is receiving a reverse signal for some reason. I did the video/parking brake bypass hack so I do not know if this has any effects on the reverse wire. Any suggestions? [Edit: The headunit says that there is reverse input even when I disconnected the reverse wire from the backup light.]

What other options do I have for the illumination wire? I tried splicing into the hazard switch and it kept blowing the fuse. I could not find an illumination wire on any of the original headunit plugs. If I used a tap-a-fuse on the illumination fuse and had the illumination wire going directly to that, would it work?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I finally got around to troubleshooting my issues. I had forgotten to hookup the amp remote turn-on wire in the wire harness.

I still cannot figure out the reverse wire. I tried using the brown wire under the dash and the ground wire of the reverse light. I tried changing the polarity in the settings of the headunit but the headunit always thinks it is receiving a reverse signal for some reason. I did the video/parking brake bypass hack so I do not know if this has any effects on the reverse wire. Any suggestions? [Edit: The headunit says that there is reverse input even when I disconnected the reverse wire from the backup light.]

What other options do I have for the illumination wire? I tried splicing into the hazard switch and it kept blowing the fuse. I could not find an illumination wire on any of the original headunit plugs. If I used a tap-a-fuse on the illumination fuse and had the illumination wire going directly to that, would it work?
As far as the reverse issue, what polarity does the input need to be? Usually it is a positive reverse signal, but I haven't messed with your AVIC model hands on yet. Are you sure you are tapping onto the correct brown wire? How are you testing/verifying this is the correct wire you need? Also, the parking brake bypass won't effect the reverse issue you are having.

As for illumination, you can do what I did and tap into the red + parking light wire in the dash fuse box, probably very close to where you are finding the reverse wire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As for illumination, you can do what I did and tap into the red + parking light wire in the dash fuse box, probably very close to where you are finding the reverse wire.
Do you have a better description or a picture of where the wire is? I looked briefly and saw a bright red with silver marks below the hood release. Is this it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have a better description or a picture of where the wire is? I looked briefly and saw a bright red with silver marks below the hood release. Is this it?
IMG_0213.jpg

Don't know why it uploads sideways, but turn it clockwise and its the smaller gauge wire pulled out in the middle of the picture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts