9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang I'm new to this forum.and i was wondering if any of you installed an aftermarket steering wheel that can help me with an issue.i installed an nrg steering wheel and i was wondering when my maintenance light comes on is there a way to bypass it and remove it without having the menu buttons from the oem wheel.and also is there a way to change the screen example radio to gas miliage monitor?

·
Registered
151 Posts
The buttons for the screen are on the steering wheel, and I imagine it would be difficult to find a clean way to hook them back up with your setup.
You really running with no airbag?

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
494 Posts
wild interior.
i don't think there would be a way to scroll thru the menu buttons, unless someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The buttons for the screen are on the steering wheel, and I imagine it would be difficult to find a clean way to hook them back up with your setup.
Yup no air bag just like my old s13 from factory;) there is a housing that is made specifically for aftermarket wheels that slips between the hub and dash but i was curious if there was a way to do it through the options i have left in dash.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,946 Posts
I'm thinking having no airbags could void your insurance especially if there is an accident which involved the deployment of an airbag. Insurance company can argue that extent of injuries sustained was because of no airbag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking having no airbags could void your insurance especially if there is an accident which involved the deployment of an airbag. Insurance company can argue that extent of injuries sustained was because of no airbag.
I think the u.s has stricter laws on this topic compared to canada.i haven't heard anything on refusal of insurance but a 600$ fine plus fees that i have heard about

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It depends on what state you're in. Here in good ole Texas vehicle laws are incredibly lax and I don't believe there is a penalty for not having an airbag, as long as you have a horn. I have owned a few cars with aftermarket wheels and never had any issues. In a state like California where modification laws are super strict it is probably a different story.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,946 Posts
I think the u.s has stricter laws on this topic compared to canada.i haven't heard anything on refusal of insurance but a 600$ fine plus fees that i have heard about
Insurance companies have a clause where they can void insurance due to a modded car. Of course there is a judgement call and most times with minor mods the insurance company will let it go but deleting an airbag I don't know about that. If I were you I'd call your insurance and ask especially if there is an accident that might involve an airbag deployment than how would your insurance treat it.

I have a feeling your insurance will tell you your coverage will most likely be voided. It's one thing to mod a car by lowering it another thing to mess with safety features especially airbags.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Regardless of laws, I went from 16-30 with no wrecks, and sketchy cars. 30 to 38 (daily routes of 90-500 miles) I've had 2 wrecks. One tip over, no airbag deploy, one deer hit with airbag deploy. No injuries. I won't buy a road car with a removed airbag.
Neither wreck did a airbag save me, but I 100,000% know how they could. Living through physics is understanding. I lost a few friends due to sear belts and airbags (lack of, and none use of). A young coworkers scalped last year.
Gamble as you may, my goal is to inform. I love your free will, I love for you to be informed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts