9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had advice on replace the stock subwoofer and have a free air set up. Also if anyone had any aftermarket speaker recommendations thanks!

·
Premium Member
962 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I believe, by noting the reference to free-air setup, that he wants a direct factory replacement, factory location, factory fit. I'm not currently in the market to change my stereo, but when I do, I want the same. I cannot and will not give up trunk space....

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Ah gotcha. I thought OP wanted a non-sealed or ported box when he said open-air. Now I know.
Haven't seen too many people have much luck with replacement of the stock speaker. Maybe it's a weird size? Or maybe I've just been looking in all the wrong places...

·
Registered
463 Posts
There is nothing that will drop in to replace it and have any real effect or sound good, size is the main factor as you don't see many IB/free Air subs below a 10 as you need a rather stiff suspension to control the cone. you could use an 8 designed for sealed (needs a higher QTS above 0.45 to sound best IB) but there are not a ton of really good ones for a free air out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking for the same thing for a while , i dont want to fill my trunk up and need more bass. prevously searching i could never find anyone to recommend anything. i was reading this and chose to do some more research and found this sub which could be acceptable to the project. let me know if you try it before me. search Crutchfield for the Pioneer TS-SW2002D2

·
Registered
4 Posts
REVIEWS:

Pioneer TS-SW2002D2
Crutchfield customer from Wapakoneta, OH on 12/15/2016

2015 Honda Civic SI

Verified customer
(What's this?)
Sound great, made well. Installed in a 2015 Civic SI in the back deck. Said it would fit but I had to modify the hole opening and Trunk lid springs for clearance. Magnet is much larger than factory and the springs caught on it. Also had to remove the child seat anchor point to get it to fit in the hole.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think I'm going to do this in the near future. Funny that you should bump this post. Literally was just thinking about it earlier this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts