9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently took my car to do some body work as well as paint and everything came out perfect. but about 2 days ago when i try and lock my car i notice i didn't notice the little beep it dose.... i don't remember if it was doing it when i picked it up at the body shop. point is i have checked everything from the hood being closed to the doors and trunk, even the fuse box. i disconnected the battery noting still the same. and yes the option is set to "on" on the door setup menu so it should be doing it. and when i get close to the car and put my hand on the handle to open it it makes the noise. as well as if i press the unlock button on the remote the lights keep flashing until i stop pressing it. on the other hand when i lock it it flashes ones and that's it. and the car dose lock itself.

Please Help me
2015 civic si sedan

·
Registered
463 Posts
I've noticed something similar in that when I first purchased my EX the car would beep everytime I pressed the lock button on the key fob whether or not the car was already locked...but after I took it into the dealer for the first oil change when I got it back it would beep the first time I locked it but if I pressed the lock button a second time before walking away from the car, it wouldn't beep anymore. So not exactly the same issue as the OP is having but a similar one and its been a while since this started happening but because it was a relatively small issue and didn't really effect the car in anyway I let it slip but I am still wondering why it would have this change happen after just an oil change.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,542 Posts
Do what I did. Turn off all the beeping and flashing lights.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Sounds like it thinks a sensor is open. I'd guess the hood, too, since I don't think the hood triggers an iMid warning (but the others do)?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Since you have PB start.... does your lock beep come from the horn as with previous models ??

There is another warning beeper in the rear area on models with keyless system

·
Registered
463 Posts
Since you have PB start.... does your lock beep come from the horn as with previous models ??

There is another warning beeper in the rear area on models with keyless system
the civics with the smart key don't sound the horn when locking/unlocking they have a separate beep sound.

·
Registered
463 Posts
^^^ Does that sounder still work as it should ??
mine still beeps like normal the first time I lock the car but if I press the lock button a second time while walking away from the car just to confirm its locked it won't make the beep sound a second time. It used to before its first oil change but now it doesn't...and it sounds like the OP has a similar issue as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you checked you're hood?? most of the forms i read it was the hood that was open.
Just wanted to give you a shoutout from the future to say thanks! I had disconnected my hood latch sensor wire when doing some battery drain troubleshooting, and apparently had never hooked it back up. Last night while trying to lock the car from across the street, I wondered why even the lights didn’t flash upon locking (I had previously noticed the lack of a beep).

Problem solved!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts