9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the alignment specs for the SI? I'm trying to do the alignment but the hunter machine at my shop hasn't been updated for 2012. And I don't want to use the 2011 specs

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
you mean the oem specs?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the OEM specs, but i guess i dont really need it. camber/caster isnt adjustable. and toe for hondas are usually just 0. im only asking cus im not taking it to the dealer for alignment

·
Registered
106 Posts
i happen to have the specs, but they happen to be in my toolbox at work, lol sorry, ill sub and reply tomorrow when i get a look at them!

·
Registered
83 Posts
honda service manual specs:

the rear toe spec is +0.08 plus or minus 0.04
front toe spec is 0 plus or minus 0.08. i usually put it at 0

·
Registered
980 Posts

Great - so they really don't want anyone messing with camber. I guess the only way to find out those is to actually see what it comes with from the factory, and camber kits to adjust those. I notice Eibach has some for the 2012 Si but the rear arms are like $400+! Ouch.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,818 Posts

Reviving an old thread guys. I got an appointment for a much needed alignment since I got my suspension done. I'm on HFP suspension with 24mm Progress rear sway bar the question is should I go with the OEM specs as posted above or would some other specs work better for my setup? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
kev604, I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. After researching it, I went with 0 toe all around. A little negative camber up front would probably be helpful, but your're going to need camber adjustment bolts for those. This is a good link to a general discussion about suspension, and also includes discussion on alignment: The Ultimate Guide to Suspension & Handling

·
I Need A Vacation
13,818 Posts
kev604, I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. After researching it, I went with 0 toe all around. A little negative camber up front would probably be helpful, but your're going to need camber adjustment bolts for those. This is a good link to a general discussion about suspension, and also includes discussion on alignment: The Ultimate Guide to Suspension & Handling
Thank you quite a bit of good info there, basically for the aggressive street driver it recommends 0 toe front and rear excellent got it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
you dont want zero rear toe, rather a bit positive for high speed stability. you might find the car to wander a bit on the highway with zero toe, and even more so with negative toe. the range for rear toe is 0.5 to 2.0 mm, I would put it down the center at 1.2 / 1.3

the range for front toe is -1.0 to 1.0 mm. for more responsive turn-in, go more negative, for more straight line stability go more positive.

for those with adjustable camber, specs are -0.6 to 0.4 for the front and -1.4 to -0.4 for the rear. I set mine to -0.8 front / -1.8 rear based purely on looks.

Reactions: chris80i

·
I Need A Vacation
13,818 Posts
So I recently got an alignment after about a month after dropping my car on h&r springs but I honestly don't know what to make of the numbers! Are these specs good? Bad? Do I need a camber kit? Should they have been adjusted differently? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Looks like you don't have much camber front or back. I have more rear camber on my HFP suspension than you.

·
Registered
7 Posts

This article has the most information on suspension I have yet to find on 9thgencivic. Thank you.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
2013 LX with 11Km ( 6000 miles ) Got a bit of feathering happening on my pass. side front tire .. outside edge and a clunk in the front suspension over very minor bumps at slow speeds. PSI is correct and monitored ( no TPMS) tires are 205/45/17 on Acura TL wheels 17 x 8 . Dealer is looking at it Friday. To see if the 2 are related. I know the dealer will say its the wheels .. My response.. "What does the SI have on it"?

Never hit curbs or holes. Anyone else getting the clunking? Last Civic I had it was the hood not sitting on the runner rests proper.. this isn't it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
you dont want zero rear toe, rather a bit positive for high speed stability. you might find the car to wander a bit on the highway with zero toe, and even more so with negative toe. the range for rear toe is 0.5 to 2.0 mm, I would put it down the center at 1.2 / 1.3

the range for front toe is -1.0 to 1.0 mm. for more responsive turn-in, go more negative, for more straight line stability go more positive.

for those with adjustable camber, specs are -0.6 to 0.4 for the front and -1.4 to -0.4 for the rear. I set mine to -0.8 front / -1.8 rear based purely on looks.

How long is your tires lasting with that setup? I just with a -0.9 front / -1.6 rear

1 - 16 of 16 Posts