9th Gen Civic Forum banner

621 - 640 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright, so I'm new here. But I have 2 9th gens. One si, one ex. Working on the si, I have 17x9 et35 enkei ts10s and 245/40 17 pilot sport as3+. Looking to lower it now, trying to figure out how low I can go, and if there is a spring/shock combo that will work with current set up no rolling, no or anything. Just poke (going to have short flares later in build) ideas? Besides coilovers, which I love, but looking to be more comfortable daily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have an exact drop height for you but I can say it is about 3 inches give or take a little. There is no finger gap and the coils are maxed out for the time being with no rubbing. These coils are great for everyday driving/commutes. I'm looking at getting 10-15mm spacers. this will cause me to raise the car just a bit to avoid rubbing but I'll keep updated on the forums with my setup and which one I end up keeping. Aiming for a setup I can avoid rolling the fenders! GL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A buddy of mine has a set of rpf1 17x9 +35 wrapped with 205/40/17. I want to buy them and install them on my 2012 si. Ive been reading others posts here saying that fitment shouldnt be to big an issue but havnt seen any posts with 205 tires.
Im looking at buying coils before installing the rim/tire to get the car sitting right. Can anyone help me out and let me know if they think i would need..
A: camber kit
B: fender roll
C: certain brand /type of coils to ensure proper fitment.
D: spacers
E: would the setup look weird unless the car is absolutey slammed.
Its my daily so I want it to be functional but obviously want it lower than stock.
Hopefully not to many questions in one post lol- Thanks ahead of time from a rookie looking for a lil help??

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
A buddy of mine has a set of rpf1 17x9 +35 wrapped with 205/40/17. I want to buy them and install them on my 2012 si. Ive been reading others posts here saying that fitment shouldnt be to big an issue but havnt seen any posts with 205 tires.
Im looking at buying coils before installing the rim/tire to get the car sitting right. Can anyone help me out and let me know if they think i would need..
Its my daily so I want it to be functional but obviously want it lower than stock.
Hopefully not to many questions in one post lol- Thanks ahead of time from a rookie looking for a lil help??
Camber kit yes. You can buy the dorman brand on amazon for about 100 bucks
fender roll depends how low you wanna go
coils, d2, tien, buddyclub n+, k sport or bc racing if you just want a comfortable decent coilover
spaces again up to you if you want it for looks
im not a fan of slammed cars but again that's something that's up to you

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Sorry but 205 tires on a 9 inch wide wheel is far from functional and is actually pretty dangerous.
Tyre Size for Rim Size/Width Calculator - What's the best tyre size for my rim?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everyone, I know you're going to want to slap me for asking but...
I'm looking for rims and I've come down to the Enkei Kojin 18"s, I've always like the look of them. I understand they're not the lightest, but I like the style. My question is, what do I need to make this setup happen? Will they be a direct fit?

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
You need to research sizing and fitment to determine what YOU want. Best to spend the time and do the leg work rather than somebody telling you the size they would get and not necessarily the size you would of got if you researched it.

Hey everyone, I know you're going to want to slap me for asking but...
I'm looking for rims and I've come down to the Enkei Kojin 18"s, I've always like the look of them. I understand they're not the lightest, but I like the style. My question is, what do I need to make this setup happen? Will they be a direct fit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Enkie GTC01RR

Hi Guys,

I recently got my wheels stolen and is sitting at the dealership.
Was wondering if anyone has the Enkei GTC01RR Size 18 in black on their car and what with, and what offset? Any pictures? want the wheels to have that nice concave look without sacrificing performance.
Thanks in advance.

Daniel
2015 Honda Civic SI (Coupe)

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Usually wider the wheel and lower the offset the deeper the concave but you have to balance that with proper fitment so it is a bit of a juggling act.

Hi Guys,

I recently got my wheels stolen and is sitting at the dealership.
Was wondering if anyone has the Enkei GTC01RR Size 18 in black on their car and what with, and what offset? Any pictures? want the wheels to have that nice concave look without sacrificing performance.
Thanks in advance.

Daniel
2015 Honda Civic SI (Coupe)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Looks like their flat black. You. An buy enkeis on tons of sites. Tire rack, discount tire, evasive motorsports

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like their flat black. You. An buy enkeis on tons of sites. Tire rack, discount tire, evasive motorsports

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. Flat black is same as painted black right?

The one that I found at tire rack is "Painted Black".

621 - 640 of 680 Posts