9th Gen Civic Forum banner

641 - 660 of 680 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Wondering if these will fit the Enkei VR5 also...
I would call Enkei customer service and ask if the two wheels accept the same size centercap.

Reactions: dwmilton

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
With proper tire setup which should be at least 245 wide tires on a 9 inch wide wheel I'm pretty sure you'll rub with BC Coils.

Can i run 18x9+35 all around lowered on bc coilovers. I dont want stretched tires either

·
Registered
11 Posts
They came in last week!! Had to wait for a nice day so I could wash it :wigglesmiley:

IMG_0546.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks kev, still need to make some minor adjustments as I’m scraping in the rear and figure out a center cap solution. May go the RockAuto route like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just bought some CR-V center caps off ebay and modded the fronts to fit over the axle nuts. This is the only pic I have of them right now. I'll try and snap some more soon.

CRV Center caps.jpg

·
Registered
249 Posts
They came in last week!! Had to wait for a nice day so I could wash it :wigglesmiley:

View attachment 468921
You rub in the rear at that ride height? FML. I have the same 17x9 +35's, but run 245/40/17's. No rubbing at stock ride height, but I have some H&R springs I plan on throwing on whenever I can get a free minute. I can always roll the fenders, but was really hoping to not have to.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
I have 17x9 +45 with 245/40x17 on HFP suspension and no rubbing or fitment issues. However, I am getting coilovers and plan to run a 1.5-1.75" drop. Probably have to run some negative camber, but that will be good for the track anyways. Maybe -1 or -2 to make them fit without rolling fenders.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have 17x9 +45 with 245/40x17 on HFP suspension and no rubbing or fitment issues. However, I am getting coilovers and plan to run a 1.5-1.75" drop. Probably have to run some negative camber, but that will be good for the track anyways. Maybe -1 or -2 to make them fit without rolling fenders.
That 10mm in offset makes a big difference though. Basically .4".

Reactions: dpetro1

·
Registered
11 Posts
You rub in the rear at that ride height? FML. I have the same 17x9 +35's, but run 245/40/17's. No rubbing at stock ride height, but I have some H&R springs I plan on throwing on whenever I can get a free minute. I can always roll the fenders, but was really hoping to not have to.
Unfortunately yes, I'm not a fan of rolling fenders especially living in Illinois. In the winter season they drop literally tonnes of sat on the roads to mitigate surface freezing conditions. A minor crack in my paint now will turn into cancer some years down the road. I can start a separate thread so I can post up more detailed pictures of ride height and wheel clearances if we want...I'll check out those center caps, maybe the community hasen't found a solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny you mention that, I placed an order for a set of used center caps from an 06 (I think) CRV, due to arrive next week. I’ll start a new thread then.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Funny you mention that, I placed an order for a set of used center caps from an 06 (I think) CRV, due to arrive next week. I’ll start a new thread then.

I think that's what I bought, although the listing showed several different Honda applications. You have to take away quite a bit of material up front. I was worried I'd shave them down too far and poke through, but never did.

641 - 660 of 680 Posts