9th Gen Civic Forum banner

661 - 680 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've narrowed my 17" wheel selection down to Konig Ampliform in dark gray metallic, 17x8 ET40; or the Enkei TM7 in storm gray, 17x8 ET35. My car is CBP.

I searched to no avail, but wondered if any members had TM7s on their 9th gen.

·
Registered
218 Posts
IMG-20180519-WA0028.jpg IMG-20180519-WA0031.jpg

Had a little photoshoot with a buddy's 10th gen Si

Wheel specs:
Enkei PF01 18x8 +45
75 to 64.1 Hubcentric rings were installed as well
I believe they weigh about 18lbs according the Enkei's website.
Stock 2014 Si wheels weigh in at about 28lbs!

Tires:
Stock Continental ContiProContact 225/40/18

Might paint the rims, the black looks great in person, but doesn't pop in photos. I was thinking maybe a jdm intergra type r gunmetal grey kinda thing.

I am also lowered on Tein Springs, with Dorman camber arms in the rear, with the alignment as close at factory as possible.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
View attachment 473313 View attachment 473321

Had a little photoshoot with a buddy's 10th gen Si

Wheel specs:
Enkei PF01 18x8 +45
75 to 64.1 Hubcentric rings were installed as well
I believe they weigh about 18lbs according the Enkei's website.
Stock 2014 Si wheels weigh in at about 28lbs!

Tires:
Stock Continental ContiProContact 225/40/18

Might paint the rims, the black looks great in person, but doesn't pop in photos. I was thinking maybe a jdm intergra type r gunmetal grey kinda thing.

I am also lowered on Tein Springs, with Dorman camber arms in the rear, with the alignment as close at factory as possible.
I hear you on the black wheels I have a set of black RPF1 and they look okay in person but look like crap in pics. I'd consider trading them for a same spec set of silver RPF1 but doubt I can find one in similar condition.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hear you on the black wheels I have a set of black RPF1 and they look okay in person but look like crap in pics. I'd consider trading them for a same spec set of silver RPF1 but doubt I can find one in similar condition.
Ya silver rpf1's look gorgeous on the 9ths but everyone has them :p
I wanted to go a little different route as CR Kai's are one of my favourite wheels, however too expensive.
Managed to get the black pf01 with tires, sold the tires, used my stock tires instead, basically only ended up paying $200 after the differences for a set of pf01s.

My plan for next year is to get 235 tires as the 225 has a mild stretch, I feel like my fitment would look better with 235.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They came in last week!! Had to wait for a nice day so I could wash it :wigglesmiley:

View attachment 468921
I have a 2013 Rallye Red coupe as well, I was maybe going to try to get the RPF1's in white. Unfortunately they only sell white in 17x9 +35, same as apparently this silver set here. How did you fix the rubbing issues in the rear, did you roll fenders or adjust coilovers?

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got a set of 17x7, 45offset black RPF1s on order. Will the stock lug nuts fit? If not, what would you guys suggest?
It's recommended that you never use OEM lugnuts with aftermarket rims due to the design. Muteki lugnuts M12x1.50 are made of steel and affordable. Just stay away from that cheap made with aluminum ebay crap.

·
Registered
763 Posts
It's recommended that you never use OEM lugnuts with aftermarket rims due to the design. Muteki lugnuts M12x1.50 are made of steel and affordable. Just stay away from that cheap made with aluminum ebay crap.
Okay, I did some reading about lug nuts tonight, I knew nothing about them before. Here's my newfound understanding of lug nuts.

It looks like the RPF1s take 60degree conical lug nuts, and the M12-1.5 spec is a Honda specific requirement, not an RPF1 requirement. Open end lug nuts could cause rust issues, so closed end it is for me. Go with steel lug nuts, not aluminum.

I'm thinking I will go with these. They have the 60degree cone and aren't all ricey looking (nothing against that just not for me), but I'm not sure if there is some other issue I'm not accounting for - https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/mcgard-4219/tire---wheel-16779/lug-nuts-and-studs-25062/wheel-lug-nut-12670/835b5ec42d53/mcgard-m12-1-50-thread-13-16-inch-hex-wheel-lug-nut/64031/4435564/2013/honda/civic?q=mcgard&pos=7

Will they work?

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
713 Posts
Think I'm going to get 18" RPF1's. Wouldn't have to buy new tires since mine aren't even that old and don't have to buy coilovers, even though I want some. I just might is Saikospeed gets me a killer deal on their Truhart bundle.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Think I'm going to get 18" RPF1's. Wouldn't have to buy new tires since mine aren't even that old and don't have to buy coilovers, even though I want some. I just might is Saikospeed gets me a killer deal on their Truhart bundle.
I was looking hard at some 17” RPF1s, but then stumbled across some threads on how easy they bend since they’re so light. Settled on the EKM3 in gunmetal. Still losing like 8lb per wheel. Need some new tires soon, so these will be ordered then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
713 Posts
I was looking hard at some 17” RPF1s, but then stumbled across some threads on how easy they bend since they’re so light. Settled on the EKM3 in gunmetal. Still losing like 8lb per wheel. Need some new tires soon, so these will be ordered then.

They bend? Well that's interesting. What page was that on? I didn't go through all of them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They bend? Well that's interesting. What page was that on? I didn't go through all of them.
I just googled “rpf1s bending”, comes up with a bunch of diff posts from diff forums. Got the tip from a tire rack review.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I just googled “rpf1s bending”, comes up with a bunch of diff posts from diff forums. Got the tip from a tire rack review.

Lol that's what did after reading your first reply then went and read reviews on Tire Rack. That sucks. Guess I'll look at some others. The set you went with looks nice.

Lol, how the hell does the 17" version EKM3 weigh the same as the 18"?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lol that's what did after reading your first reply then went and read reviews on Tire Rack. That sucks. Guess I'll look at some others. The set you went with looks nice.

Lol, how the hell does the 17" version EKM3 weigh the same as the 18"?
Yeah, I guess there is such a thing as too light. I don’t trust myself around some of these shitty dfw roads.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah, I guess there is such a thing as too light. I don’t trust myself around some of these shitty dfw roads.

I understand that. If I was still working out from Louisville, I'd for sure bend the RPF1s in no time since their roads are shit.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I run a set of black RPF1 on my Honda and a set of silver RPF1 on my wife's Nissan and they've both been good to me. Definitely the best bang for the buck wheel out there. The thing with reviews is usually people that have had a bad experience write reviews but there are alot more happy owners out there that have nothing to say. When I swapped out the OEM wheels on my wife's car for RPF1 I dropped 9lbs per corner. 9lbs unsprung weight per corner is alot I definitely noticed a difference in braking, handling, acceleration both from a stand still and a roll.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Since this is an ENKEI wheel thread I guess I should participate LOL.

ENKEI TSP6 :) loved the deep concave face of this wheel.

ENKEI PF01:cool: I've always been a fan of thin spoke wheels the finish on this wheel is gorgeous one of the most shiny pure silver wheels I've seen.

ENKEI RPF1:pone of the most iconic wheels of all time any car I've mounted these wheels on they've improved the performance of that car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I run a set of black RPF1 on my Honda and a set of silver RPF1 on my wife's Nissan and they've both been good to me. Definitely the best bang for the buck wheel out there. The thing with reviews is usually people that have had a bad experience write reviews but there are alot more happy owners out there that have nothing to say. When I swapped out the OEM wheels on my wife's car for RPF1 I dropped 9lbs per corner. 9lbs unsprung weight per corner is alot I definitely noticed a difference in braking, handling, acceleration both from a stand still and a roll.
Not necessarily true. There were glowing reviews of them right along with some bad. Googling some things about the RPF1 did show some people bending theirs hitting potholes or going off track, the latter will probably not happen to me anytime soon but I plan to go to at least one open event. Along my route to work, there is always a part of the highway that gets nasty potholes, road crew fills them up, potholes come back with vengeance. I'm worried if I hit one and there goes $250 out the window. I've hit them before and needed to get a new tire since the sidewall started bulging out.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Not necessarily true. There were glowing reviews of them right along with some bad. Googling some things about the RPF1 did show some people bending theirs hitting potholes or going off track, the latter will probably not happen to me anytime soon but I plan to go to at least one open event. Along my route to work, there is always a part of the highway that gets nasty potholes, road crew fills them up, potholes come back with vengeance. I'm worried if I hit one and there goes $250 out the window. I've hit them before and needed to get a new tire since the sidewall started bulging out.
Any wheel if you hit something hard enough or on a bad enough angle it will bend. Just like RPF1 people with Volk TE37''s have bent wheels from hitting potholes crap happens. The way I look at it is I work hard for my money so I get the wheels that I like and I enjoy them if I hit a pothole and damage a wheel than I'm like damn that's not my day but something like that won't stop me from running the wheels that I want that's part of game.

661 - 680 of 680 Posts