9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on powder coating or plastidipping my stock wheels, havent decided which one yet...but i'm also planning on buying some locking wheel lug nuts. what is the size i need to buy? are they 1.25 or 1.50?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you! finally someone helped me out. :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Lug nut size???

What is the lug nut size and type for 12' Civic Sedan? What is a Spline Drive Wheel Rim? It would be a silly question for most of you guys, but it would really help. Thanks.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
709 Posts
Aluminum or steel lug nuts?

I'm shopping for extended lug nuts. I'm debating on what to get. Came across with aluminum lug nuts. I want to consider them but worried about stripping of thread. What are your thoughts?

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
bump! anyone know lugnut size? planning to get extended lugnuts when get rims

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
What is the lug nut size and type for 12' Civic Sedan? What is a Spline Drive Wheel Rim? It would be a silly question for most of you guys, but it would really help. Thanks.

Lug nut size is 12 X 1.5MM .... Spline drive wheels are the old knockoff type wheel... so no they aren't spline drive. But there is a style of spline drive lug nut.

Also if your going OEM wheels the lug nut is spherical and most aftermarker are conical. They are not compatible with each other.

SEAT TYPE: There are three main wheel nut / wheel bolt seating types, 60 Degrees Taper Cone, Radius Seat or Flat Seat. In the diagram below you can see these different bolts seating types. The correct nut / bolt seating type is required to ensure that the new nut or bolt seats correctly in your alloy wheel.

Reference ;

Custom Car and Hot Rod Information from Performance Plus Tire

·
Premium Member
8,336 Posts
Lug nuts

Opinion please, I have a 2012 Civic SI Coupe ASM, all stock except 5% tint, I'm wanting to put black lug nuts on with my stock wheels, do you all think it would look good? Thanks in advance.:)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
His car is ASM aka silver. You can find these lugs (at what I consider a fairly decent price) on eBay. Just make sure what you buy (if for OEM wheels) is a ball seat lug.

I think they would look good, I was considering the red ones myself. But I think I'm gonna get "the system" by Gorilla. Lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh. I didn't realize the color was written in the post. I too have a silver civic and once i tint my Windows I will probably get some black lugs

Sent from my Desire HD

·
Registered
717 Posts
Gorilla is the worst wheel lock. They have only a few key patterns and you can get the keys from any local tire shop such as discount tire for 5-10 bucks. They are not good locking lugs.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I've used before and never had any issues. Honestly if someone really wants your wheels they can get the key if they wanted. It's just a little added security

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
Gorilla is the worst wheel lock. They have only a few key patterns and you can get the keys from any local tire shop such as discount tire for 5-10 bucks. They are not good locking lugs.
I never had any problems with Gorilla.

1 - 20 of 396 Posts