9th Gen Civic Forum banner

361 - 380 of 396 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Hey guys, i just broke one of my lug nuts & lug studs and in the market for some lug nuts.

I heard our stock lug nuts don't fit with the XXR wheels and am wondering which ones do fit with XXR Wheels?

Are they called extended lug nuts or is there any specific name for those slim lug nuts?

Please help me out!

Also i believe our lug size is 12x1.50 is that corect?

Also. What is a thread size? I see a lot of 48mm..? Would 12x1.50 48mm fit XXR Wheels?

Thank you!
12x1.5 lugs are the correct pitch for the Civic and you'll need to purchase conical or "aftermarket" lug nuts to properly mount those XXR wheels. As long as the lugs sit properly than the style of lugs is up to you if you prefer long or short, open ended or close ended. I recommend buying forged steel lug nuts over aluminum for better strength and torque spec for the lugs are 80ft/lb but I torqued my wheels to 85ft/lb.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Just make sure you buy the correct size (19mm or 3/4") lug nuts so your flat repair tool will work if you ever get a flat tire.
Your factory flat repair tool will not work with 90% of the aftermarket wheels. Either the lugs will sit to deep or the factory wrench is to fat to get in there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Your factory flat repair tool will not work with 90% of the aftermarket wheels. Either the lugs will sit to deep or the factory wrench is to fat to get in there.
I could be wrong, but I thought you get a special lug nut tool when you buy special lugs for your custom wheels. It is wise to have that special lug nut tool in 19mm.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Some do some don't. I bought taper pro lug nuts that weren't a spline style or anything special. I had to buy a thinwall 19mm to get to the lugs. All depends on wheels and lug nuts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there a part number for the oem lugs? Specifically for a 2012 LX? I realize it probably doesnt matter and aftermarket are fine, but despite my searching I cant find a part number and that surprises me.

Edit: More searching and it appears to be either 90304-SA0-981 or 90381-SV1-981, but I am unsure of the difference between the two. Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Drive a 2015 Civic Si Sedan and just realized I don't have Wheel locks. What is the Best Wheel Locks to get for my Stock OEM 18" Wheels. I would appreciate info I can get on this.
Thanks

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
I Drive a 2015 Civic Si Sedan and just realized I don't have Wheel locks. What is the Best Wheel Locks to get for my Stock OEM 18" Wheels. I would appreciate info I can get on this.
Thanks
Look for some McGard lock nuts you can find affordable ones on Amazon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What lug nuts will fit??????someone help

Looking at getting a set of Enkei T6s wheels off of tire rack and wanting to buy a nice set of colored lug nuts. My question is will any type of lug nuts work or which ones will? Any name brand suggestions? Thanks guys

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Looking at getting a set of Enkei T6s wheels off of tire rack and wanting to buy a nice set of colored lug nuts. My question is will any type of lug nuts work or which ones will? Any name brand suggestions? Thanks guys
You'll need conical/cone seat aftermarket lug nuts to properly fit, you'll also need a set of hubcentric rings to properly mount the wheel but I think tire rack will provide a set. I would suggest purchasing a set of forged lug nuts over anything aluminum for strength and durability.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
Merged.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I'm sticking to OEM wheels, what all different types of lug nuts can I purchase? is 12x1.5 and open ended right size wise? I just wanted to see different brands and maybe colors but wanted to get some that won't screw anything up.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
If I'm sticking to OEM wheels, what all different types of lug nuts can I purchase? is 12x1.5 and open ended right size wise? I just wanted to see different brands and maybe colors but wanted to get some that won't screw anything up.
Honda pitch is 12x1.5 but you have to make sure you purchase ball seat lug nuts so they fit properly on OEM wheels. Most aftermarket lug nuts are conical seat, if you find an aftermarket lug nut style you prefer you can purchase lug nut adaptors to use with the aftermarket lug nuts on your OEM wheels so the lugs sit properly.

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
Honda pitch is 12x1.5 but you have to make sure you purchase ball seat lug nuts so they fit properly on OEM wheels. Most aftermarket lug nuts are conical seat, if you find an aftermarket lug nut style you prefer you can purchase lug nut adaptors to use with the aftermarket lug nuts on your OEM wheels so the lugs sit properly.
Myself I wouldn't even use the adapter .. just get the right type ..

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,405 Posts
I have an 'under the nuts' question.

What is the length, in mm, of the stock lug bolt? Thanks.

361 - 380 of 396 Posts