9th Gen Civic Forum banner

381 - 396 of 396 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hi Mt pears,
I know a site named customadeonly.com, where you can get all kinds of nuts,spacers & adapters for your wheel.It will better if you check the site once.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
Aww dude. Thanks Ryan for bringing up this thread. I'm totally trying to figure out what I need to do for lug nuts.

I just put some really dope wheels on my ride with -4 off set, rolling 265 tires on the 7" wheel. But the wheels are black and I want to replace the lugs with black because ain't nobody wantin' to see silver lugs on black wheels. I need advice.

I like the black Gorilla lugs like this one but my current ones look a little different like this
lunkNuts.jpg

Since Amazon says the black ones will work, I think I can go that route. Can anybody chime in here?

Cause I hear once you go black, you never go back. And I so don't want to be where I am right now. Certainly not.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hi Foobird,
Thanks for charing your view.I have also the same view regarding this, But after using an aluminium spacers I am cleared that color is not matter for choosing a material.It will be better if you select according to the material.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
It doesn't matter, I think extended opened end lugs look good. Thats what I have

Reactions: Civi9

·
I Need A Vacation
13,451 Posts
Does it matter if I go with open or close-ended? I plan on getting RPF1's soon. 17x9 +35.

I'm looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Muteki-32926UP-SR35-Thread-Closed/dp/B00AKFBAU4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470060099&sr=8-9&keywords=muteki+lug+nuts
Here is my opinion on this and is strictly my opinion if I'm buying nice wheels I want the wheels to be the center of attention and the wheels to pop. Getting some odd color lug nut that sticks 2 or 3 inches out takes away from the appearance of the wheel and the overall look IMO. I want the wheel to be the center piece and the first thing people see not some $50 lug nut poking out of the wheel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does it matter if I go with open or close-ended? I plan on getting RPF1's soon. 17x9 +35.

I'm looking at these:

https://www.amazon.com/Muteki-32926UP-SR35-Thread-Closed/dp/B00AKFBAU4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470060099&sr=8-9&keywords=muteki+lug+nuts
Here is my opinion on this and is strictly my opinion if I'm buying nice wheels I want the wheels to be the center of attention and the wheels to pop. Getting some odd color lug nut that sticks 2 or 3 inches out takes away from the appearance of the wheel and the overall look IMO. I want the wheel to be the center piece and the first thing people see not some $50 lug nut poking out of the wheel.
I get what you are saying and a funny colored lug nut does take away from the wheel but it could also help accentuate the wheel better as well. I think of them as the laces to a nice shoe. Sometimes a little color brings out the shoe even more.
And the muteki lug nuts are decent but they fade. I guess all colored lug nuts do. I've owned a lot of different lug nuts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey guys! Ill be throwin' on some Volk GTN 18x8.5 +38 very soon and I need new lugs. From what I gathered from this thread so far: I need 60 degree conical lugs that are 12x1.5 thread pitch right?

I was thinking of getting the gorilla forged steel
ones.

Just want to double check...

·
Registered
235 Posts
What lug nut type is for MB battle 18x9.5 +15 wheels? 60 degrees seat conical?
Correct, 60°/conical seat. The Battle, like most aftermarket wheels, utilizes recessed smaller diameter lug holes, so we recommend a smaller diameter/spline drive lug kit. DTD has the right lug kit you need for $45.00 - black and chromes finishes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering where I could buy some closed end steel tuner style lug nuts? I see prices for a few I am interested in across multiple different sites with prices drastically different. Where do you guys buy them from? Was looking at some project kics kyokugen and heptagon 24 nuts. Any recommendations from you guys on closed end style steel lugs? I have a set of Muteki's right now that are really nice but just don't want open end anymore.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Muteki offers closed end lugs too. I would do that. There are the sr35 and spline drive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any experience with Gorilla lugs? People speak highly of them it seems. The lugs that came with my Enkeis were Gorilla (probably cheap ones) and they felt pretty weak and the paint chipped off quick. Was looking at the Gorilla closed end prism light tuner lugs, they look fantastic but just curious about the paint quality and if they have that "hefty" weight to them.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Any experience with Gorilla lugs? People speak highly of them it seems. The lugs that came with my Enkeis were Gorilla (probably cheap ones) and they felt pretty weak and the paint chipped off quick. Was looking at the Gorilla closed end prism light tuner lugs, they look fantastic but just curious about the paint quality and if they have that "hefty" weight to them.
Eh they're ok. If a set of lug nuts is only around $50 or less then they're ok lug nuts, not too fancy, will get the job done. Paint will flake if you use impacts no matter what.

381 - 396 of 396 Posts