9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for next winter when the 2012 civic comes out. should i grab a set of winter tires or stick with the all seasons that the dealership usually puts on the car. for reference my area sees a fair amount of snow during the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't bother with all season tires. All season tires are basically tires that aren't good enough for winter or good enough for summer. Its a compromise between the two. Which means it has the weakness of both type of tires. It easy to find used winter tires now and you will thank yourself in the long run.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Winter tires for sure! if you haven't found winter tires as yet, you better HURRY. Around this time of the year is when tires sell FAST. Last year i had to go to 5 different stores just to get a 195/65/R15 size snow tire, pretty crazy considering its such a common size.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Why are you bumping posts that are almost 2 years old ?
At least add something of value to a thread this old if you want to bump it.
hi joe
i stated im not sure what to do, so ill let other folx thoughts on this topic possibly assist mty decision

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I survived a full snowy season in my all-seasons but they had low miles and full tread at the time. Now, after 32,000 miles on them I will not even try to use them for winter driving and will put on winter tires.

Reactions: Digger

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
:moved: wrong section

·
Call Me Yellow!!!
258 Posts
Lolu should ban him for a Day for bumping a thread that's twobyrs old in the wrong section...
:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hankook iPikes here...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Lolu should ban him for a Day for bumping a thread that's twobyrs old in the wrong section...
:wigglesmiley:
Lol... He didn't put it in the wrong section...it was done there ...

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
looks like mikee is not playing nicee
Lol... His name is decieving

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm contemplating winter tires for my Civic too- Pepboys has a buy 3 get 1 free deal. Obviously I'd buy them there but install at my local tire shop since I wouldn't trust them worth anything. How were people's experiences with the stock Conti's on snow?

I'm mainly looking at the Hankook i*Cept Evos in stock size but I can't really find any reviews for them. Consumer Reports ranks them 3rd just behind the 2 Michelin Xi's, but I want to know if anyone has any experience with these? My winter roads are mainly cold and dry and when it snows, the roads are snowy, slushy, or packed for a day or two. Going back to school for my last semester in Rochester, NY so snows seemed like a good deal to me.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I would strongly recommend that you go with winter tires fellas. Where I live it's a law that we must have your summer tires off by Dec. 15th (?).....we live in a snow belt however. If you get quite a bit of snow or slick conditions you are much better off with winter tires rather than all seasons. Our cars are light and lose traction pretty easily in slick conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Our cars are light and lose traction pretty easily in slick conditions.
I'm coming from 2 previous Subaru Outbacks, both with very good all seasons and obviously AWD. My 2004 H6 (now my brother's car) is a beast in the snow, but it weighs far more than the Civic. The lightness of the Civic was something that made me think about winter tires more seriously.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
I have my winter tires on my steelies and my summer tires are on my rims. This way I save $ every time I change the tires. It's much cheaper when they don't have to take the summer rubber off and put the winter rubber onto the same rims.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts