9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda civic si sedan - Full 3 inch with a cat
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this is what my hondata looks like, misfire disabled cuz of lightweight flywheel but all sensors are good to go. This is what my sheet looks like after the scan. What can I do to pass this damn thing?
Hood Rectangle Wood Grille Mesh
Font Paper Document Menu Paper product
Automotive tire Hood Water Road surface Wood

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All you have is a lightweight flywheel, correct? There's alot of threads on this, and alot of people go back to stock for emissions.
Yeah i've looked through them but most of them aren't exactly on what issue im having. I have dw65c, fx300 with lightweight flywheel, catted fullrace pipe with defouler. DMV doesn't know why it isn't passing and gave me an office number for the department of emissions and air quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
495 Posts
Given that misfire detection IS a supported feature that you've turned off, I would think that would be triggering your fail. It's a continuous monitor and I thought that those all had to be supported in most states or it will fail.

Well, here is New Jersey's emissions "handbook". Looks like it supports that claim on page 25.

Sorry you have to find this out after the fact OP. Hopefully others can learn from this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hate these threads. Not Ops fault. Their going after tuner cars, diesels, etc.
They tell me now, I'll lose my job, if I don't take a vax for something I survived, for something I can still get after the vax, to protect someone who's "protected by the vax". No one's liable if this goes completely sideways in a few years?
We need cars and trucks fighting communism. Sorry if you don't agree, we've got a free country that needs saved.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I hate these threads. Not Ops fault. Their going after tuner cars, diesels, etc.
They tell me now, I'll lose my job, if I don't take a vax for something I survived, for something I can still get after the vax, to protect someone who's "protected by the vax". No one's liable if this goes completely sideways in a few years?
We need cars and trucks fighting communism. Sorry if you don't agree, we've got a free country that needs saved.
That rant isn't helping anyone.

I disagree about fault. That's just plain deflecting responsibility. These requirements are all over the internet and pretty easy to find. Finding the New Jersey requirements took 5 seconds. The rules have also been around a while.

You want to modify your car? You need to do the research. And if it goes wrong you have to deal with the consequences.

I don't disagree with anyone that the current EPA crackdown is just them going for an "easy win" and not really about curbing emissions in a meaningful way. However, that does not give anyone the excuse to not to do their due diligence.

Reactions: brandon12

·
Registered
793 Posts
This one is easy, your misfire detection needs to be on. Depending on your county or state, having one system not pass equals a failure. Where I live, they allow 1 failure/not ready. If your county has strict laws, then that's your answer. Switch back to OEM flywheel and enable the misfire detection. Pain, but that's basically your only option, unless you register your car somewhere else.

Reactions: brandon12

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well given that misfire detection IS a supported feature that you've turned off, I would think that would be triggering your fail. It's a continuous monitor and I thought that those all had to be supported in most states or it will fail.

Well, here is New Jersey's emissions "handbook". Looks like it supports that claim on page 25.

Sorry you have to find this out after the fact OP. Hopefully others can learn from this.
Thanks guys for the help, definitely an expensive mistake, clutchmasters unfortunately doesn’t sell a flywheel that fits my clutch that wouldn’t trip the knock sensor. I’m putting in a stock clutch and going from there. I definitely did not do as much research as I should have and I'm paying for it now. Gonna try and sell the car it's been nothing but issues.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks guys for the help, definitely an expensive mistake, clutchmasters unfortunately doesn’t sell a flywheel that fits my clutch that wouldn’t trip the knock sensor. I’m putting in a stock clutch and going from there. I definitely did not do as much research as I should have and I'm paying for it now. Gonna try and sell the car it's been nothing but issues.
which clutchmaster model clutch do you have? All the ones I've ran I never threw this code. Clutchmasters do offer a flywheel for the single disc clutches that don't throw the code.

·
Registered
34 Posts
="brandon12, post: 3553852, member: 178100"]
Afaik clutchmasters makes stock weight steel flywheels for all their kits. If you post which one you have perhaps we can help you find it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
which clutchmaster model clutch do you have? All the ones I've ran I never threw this code. Clutchmasters do offer a flywheel for the single disc clutches that don't throw the code.
I’ve got the FX300: 08240-HRTZ-SK, I was dumb and should’ve bought the 08320. The 08320 flywheel won’t fit the 08240 unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
damn........that sucks, sorry about that man
While this totally sucks, the OP was warned of this in multiple other threads on the same question.
The proper clutchmasters kit was recommended to him back in February before he even bought anything.
Why people create new threads instead of posting back in the original thread eludes me...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
793 Posts
While this totally sucks, the OP was warned of this in multiple other threads on the same question.
The proper clutchmasters kit was recommended to him back in February before he even bought anything.
Why people create new threads instead of posting back in the original thread eludes me...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
ahhhh, gotcha; didn't know that

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Easiest way to pass smog and never worry about a thing........go back to stock. If your ina California style emissions state,you need to be absolutely bone stock.
Don't bother attempting to get away with stuff.
This information applies to the now. So for those that don't understand what I'm saying, as of only a couple months ago it's illegal to basically have anything that will alter emissions.
So it don't matter if your sisters cousins uncle friend of a friend's relative passed last year with etc mods......it no longer matters.
Now they're much stricter than before.
For those that think they're invincible,yes the EPA is cracking down and depending on where you bought your emissions altering parts and or what parts you bought you may be subject to a knock on your door by none other than the EPA. Sure they're not gonna go after everyone. Primarily yes it's the diesel douche bros that effed it up for everyone by billowing smoke then also wondering why their cp3 tooka shidookie ,but the tuner scene isn't invincible. Uncle Sam looking for his money and believe it or not shops that sold something keep records of who they sold to and they by law have to give up your name if they sold something to you that's emissions altering. The whole race car argument no longer works.
Under the new EPA law,if it was ever VINned ,it can't be a race car. End of story.

Soooooo if y'all have them illegal parts,hold on to em,they're gonna be worth gold the more these laws become stricter. Call it an investment. All them ktuner v2's gonna be worth double the money. Because they are illegal as well. It's not a EPA or carb approved part.
The only ones "legal" to an extent is that waste of money CARB edition flash pro. Which is basically useless. But by law even that is illegal in Cali.
Good luck and as I always say,keep your stock parts

I got a ktuner v2 for sale for the low low of 25,000 dollars . I take safemoon and xrp as well 😂😂😂😂

1 - 20 of 21 Posts