9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2641 - 2656 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 EX and need help

I have a 2015 EX at stock ride height and need some help with wheels and tires. A buddy of mine is giving me a set of 17x9 black ESR's and I'm wondering will they fit? Also what size tires should I Get? I don't want to go super low profile and I also don't want to stretch them. I want to have some sidewall so I still keep the good ride I have now with my steelies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rims and tire fit

Quick question on my 13’ Civic lx coupe I had on some xxr 527 18x8.75 with front at +35 and back at +20 with 235/40/18 tires they were old and worn down so I just went and got some 18x9 with 35 off set konig overstears gloss black with 235/40/18 tires on the wheels I already bought them so there’s no going back I’m at stock hieght and don’t plan on lowering it at least unless I get smaller wheel does anyone know it my setup should fit fine? Don’t want to have to do a bunch of work to get them to fit

·
Registered
2 Posts
And the tires I got were kumho Solus ta71 wondering if anyone’s had these and what you guys think of them I’m not a car expert or fanatic just like a good looking reliable ride

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,105 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quick question on my 13’ Civic lx coupe I had on some xxr 527 18x8.75 with front at +35 and back at +20 with 235/40/18 tires they were old and worn down so I just went and got some 18x9 with 35 off set konig overstears gloss black with 235/40/18 tires on the wheels I already bought them so there’s no going back I’m at stock hieght and don’t plan on lowering it at least unless I get smaller wheel does anyone know it my setup should fit fine? Don’t want to have to do a bunch of work to get them to fit
Stock height with +35 should just clear in rear at full compression. That's a good setup for stock height. Some tire brands may be wider than others at 235. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheels

I have a 2014 Si coupe. What is the widest I can fit without having to roll fenders? Currently stock height but looking into coil overs. So when lowered as well what can I fit width wise in 18” without rolling fenders. Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
As I'm sure your aware, there's a ton of variables. Here is my current setup, and can go no wider on tire as I've got a finger width gap between tires and suspension (no issues at all). Different rim offset then I could go wider.

Tire is Continental extreme contacts, 235-45-17.
Rim is a TR motorsports 17x8 et45. Note tires are taller, so I couldn't run lowered without rolling fenders (and maybe never turning at that).

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a 2014 Si coupe. What is the widest I can fit without having to roll fenders? Currently stock height but looking into coil overs. So when lowered as well what can I fit width wise in 18” without rolling fenders. Thanks
Depends on offset and tire size. I had some 17x8.5 +35 wheels with 215/45R17, didnt have to roll fenders but I did have to trim plastic and bend the fender tabs. Now I have 18x8.5 +38 with 225/40R18, these things rub like crazy, im lowered on truhart struts and D2 springs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to get new wheels

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what wheels I can buy for my 2015 Honda Civic automatic Special Edition. I've looked into the specs of the wheels that came with my car which are 15" x 6, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and an offset of 45mm. A set of wheels which I am interested in are XXR 527 with a size of 17"x 7.5 and an offset of +40mm. Some questions I have are does my suspension matter? Do all 9th gen civics have the same suspension or parts that are involved with the fitment of the wheel? because from what I have seen is that civic Si's come with 18" x 7.5 with an offset of 47mm. Ultimately what I am looking for is flush fitment without having to lower my car and NOT have any rubbing, scrubbing, or modifications done to the fenders. I have also added a picture of the wheels and specs for anyone who needs more information or just in case I forgot anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what wheels I can buy for my 2015 Honda Civic automatic Special Edition. I've looked into the specs of the wheels that came with my car which are 15" x 6, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, and an offset of 45mm. A set of wheels which I am interested in are XXR 527 with a size of 17"x 7.5 and an offset of +40mm. Some questions I have are does my suspension matter? Do all 9th gen civics have the same suspension or parts that are involved with the fitment of the wheel? because from what I have seen is that civic Si's come with 18" x 7.5 with an offset of 47mm. Ultimately what I am looking for is flush fitment without having to lower my car and NOT have any rubbing, scrubbing, or modifications done to the fenders. I have also added a picture of the wheels and specs for anyone who needs more information or just in case I forgot anything.
Lx and Ex are similar in suspension. NG might sit lower and for your SE could be like the ex or a little lower, I'm not sure I forget. I would go for more of 8in wide wheels with a +40 or (+35 gives the most flush) 225 45 17 or 225 40 18 wheels and you should be good.
This is a pic of my old 2012 Ex with 18x8 et40 site said +38 but wheels are marked 40 with 225 40 18 20190908_144000.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
What will fit please help lol

Hey guys so I need some winters for my 2012 si and looking at just buying a set of used for now. Could I run 205/60/16 ??? I know it will throw out my Speedo but will they work ?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hey guys so I need some winters for my 2012 si and looking at just buying a set of used for now. Could I run 205/60/16 ??? I know it will throw out my Speedo but will they work ?
They will physically fit on the car but are 4% larger than stock. Not advisable.
Are you lowered at all? If so it will likely rub.
What wheels are you putting these on? Width and offset will also affect fitment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do you have the rims for the tires? The rim offset is a big variable. Either way, I didn't know what would fit on some used rims I bought. You can mount a rim on the front, and measure what will fit width wise pretty easy. For tire height there's good calculators online for going from 17 to 16.
For reference, my summers are 235/45/17. Got a finger width between front suspension, no rubbing on stock ride height. AND my speedometer now matches GPS.

2641 - 2656 of 2656 Posts