9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2661 - 2679 of 2679 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys,

I have read almost every page of the fitment thread on here and I still feel like I'm not closer to finding an answer. A lot of conflicting information. Some people tell me they can run a 17x9+45 with no issues. Others say you need a spacer to clear the front strut. A lot of other stuff too..

What I'm trying to figure out is will a 17x8+40 wheel fit with a 235/45 tire? Car is a 2014 sedan Si

• I am currently stock height but will be lowering it just enough to close up the wheel gap.
  • No additional camber. I do not plan on adding the camber arms
  • I do not plan on rolling the fenders or modifying the fenders in any way
Any chance someone can clear this up for me? I feel like I've spent way too much reading into this to not get anywhere... Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I feel you man......... I'm in same boat. Debating between 17 vs 18. But, like you, I don't want to modify fenders, add camber, etc. and I'm lowered on coilovers. From my research, it seems like you can fit a 235 wheel on an 8 wide tire. I've come to the conclusion of trying to find a 8.5 width wheel to fit both 225/235.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,361 Posts
Regardless of whether or not you found an answer, please use existing threads for new questions, especially when they are for known issues.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Guys,

I have read almost every page of the fitment thread on here and I still feel like I'm not closer to finding an answer. A lot of conflicting information. Some people tell me they can run a 17x9+45 with no issues. Others say you need a spacer to clear the front strut. A lot of other stuff too..

What I'm trying to figure out is will a 17x8+40 wheel fit with a 235/45 tire? Car is a 2014 sedan Si

• I am currently stock height but will be lowering it just enough to close up the wheel gap.
  • No additional camber. I do not plan on adding the camber arms
  • I do not plan on rolling the fenders or modifying the fenders in any way
Any chance someone can clear this up for me? I feel like I've spent way too much reading into this to not get anywhere... Thanks for your help!
17x8 +40 is a very conservative wheel spec and will fit similar to stock. You should have no issues with that setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to know what wheel size will fit on a 2012 civic lx, it’s my first car and was planning to change the wheels for the car

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,361 Posts
Below post merged here.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

Give that thread a look through. Lots of different wheels and tire combos can fit on these vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering if my 14 si sedan may able to have my s2000's titan7 wheel without any rolls or mods.
Does anyone know if 14 si sedan can fit with below?

Wheels are 17x9.5 +51.
Tires are 255/40/17.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was wondering if my 14 si sedan may able to have my s2000's titan7 wheel without any rolls or mods.
Does anyone know if 14 si sedan can fit with below?

Wheels are 17x9.5 +51.
Tires are 255/40/17.
If you want to fit a 255 tire, you’ll need at least +25 offset.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you want to fit a 255 tire, you’ll need at least +25 offset.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
Regardless of tire size, no way that width and high offset is going to clear the front strut without spacers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I’m new to the site. I have a question about Rims and tire sizes. I recently bought a 18x8.5” rims with a +45 offset. The tire size is 245/40ozR18. I was just wondering if this would fit my 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The wheels themselves should be ok but the tires are way oversized for the car.
You will be about an inch taller than stock.
Depending on your suspension setup you may rub.
My opinion would be to get properly sized tires

·
I Need A Vacation
13,267 Posts
Checking on tire size for 2015 Si with coilovers. RPF1 17x9.5 +18 wheel.
For PROPER fitment on 9.5 wide wheel is minimum 245 wide tire to maximum 275 wide tire and anything in between. Anything below or above those minimums or maximums would be considered improper fitment and therefore unsafe.

Those are really wide wheels and low offset for Civics just be aware those wheels are going to poke way out also you'll definitely need to pull fenders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im looking to put 18x8.5 +35 on the car along with coil overs . Does anyone have the same set up and can you tell me what you had to do in order to get fitment

·
I Need A Vacation
13,267 Posts
215/40/18
215 tire on a 8.5 wide wheel is going to be stretched essentially that tire is too small for that wheel which than compromises safety and performance should go minimum 235 wide tire on 8.5 wide wheel. Personally not a fan of the stretched look but it is your car.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
215 tire on a 8.5 wide wheel is going to be stretched essentially that tire is too small for that wheel which than compromises safety and performance should go minimum 235 wide tire on 8.5 wide wheel. Personally not a fan of the stretched look but it is your car.
Totally agree but he will need to look at his specific tire. I have seen some that are technically approved for 8.5" width.
Not what I would run but it's doable.

2661 - 2679 of 2679 Posts