9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2661 - 2670 of 2670 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys,

I have read almost every page of the fitment thread on here and I still feel like I'm not closer to finding an answer. A lot of conflicting information. Some people tell me they can run a 17x9+45 with no issues. Others say you need a spacer to clear the front strut. A lot of other stuff too..

What I'm trying to figure out is will a 17x8+40 wheel fit with a 235/45 tire? Car is a 2014 sedan Si

• I am currently stock height but will be lowering it just enough to close up the wheel gap.
  • No additional camber. I do not plan on adding the camber arms
  • I do not plan on rolling the fenders or modifying the fenders in any way
Any chance someone can clear this up for me? I feel like I've spent way too much reading into this to not get anywhere... Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I feel you man......... I'm in same boat. Debating between 17 vs 18. But, like you, I don't want to modify fenders, add camber, etc. and I'm lowered on coilovers. From my research, it seems like you can fit a 235 wheel on an 8 wide tire. I've come to the conclusion of trying to find a 8.5 width wheel to fit both 225/235.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,254 Posts
Regardless of whether or not you found an answer, please use existing threads for new questions, especially when they are for known issues.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Guys,

I have read almost every page of the fitment thread on here and I still feel like I'm not closer to finding an answer. A lot of conflicting information. Some people tell me they can run a 17x9+45 with no issues. Others say you need a spacer to clear the front strut. A lot of other stuff too..

What I'm trying to figure out is will a 17x8+40 wheel fit with a 235/45 tire? Car is a 2014 sedan Si

• I am currently stock height but will be lowering it just enough to close up the wheel gap.
  • No additional camber. I do not plan on adding the camber arms
  • I do not plan on rolling the fenders or modifying the fenders in any way
Any chance someone can clear this up for me? I feel like I've spent way too much reading into this to not get anywhere... Thanks for your help!
17x8 +40 is a very conservative wheel spec and will fit similar to stock. You should have no issues with that setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just wanted to know what wheel size will fit on a 2012 civic lx, it’s my first car and was planning to change the wheels for the car

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,254 Posts
Below post merged here.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

Give that thread a look through. Lots of different wheels and tire combos can fit on these vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering if my 14 si sedan may able to have my s2000's titan7 wheel without any rolls or mods.
Does anyone know if 14 si sedan can fit with below?

Wheels are 17x9.5 +51.
Tires are 255/40/17.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was wondering if my 14 si sedan may able to have my s2000's titan7 wheel without any rolls or mods.
Does anyone know if 14 si sedan can fit with below?

Wheels are 17x9.5 +51.
Tires are 255/40/17.
If you want to fit a 255 tire, you’ll need at least +25 offset.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you want to fit a 255 tire, you’ll need at least +25 offset.

Sent from my iPhone X while on the toilet.
Regardless of tire size, no way that width and high offset is going to clear the front strut without spacers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2661 - 2670 of 2670 Posts