9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2681 - 2697 of 2697 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey can someone help me with my tire size I both a set of rims for my 2015 civic is that are18x9 +33 and wanted to know how wide can I go with the tires with out poke thanks.
I would run 225/40/18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Oh ok thank you do u think if I go 235 it will start to poke ??
I think a 33 offset on a 9" wheel might poke regardless.
Also im not sure a 225 is approved on a 9" wheel. Might have a bit of stretch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
A +37mm offset 8” wheel pokes a smidge. So a+33mm 9” wheel definitely will poke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Oh ok thank you do u think if I go 235 it will start to poke ??
Minimum width on a 9 inch wide wheel is a 235 tire best fit probably 245 tire. With those wheel specs your already poking regardless of tire.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic EX
17 Posts
So my current tires are about to end and I wanted to switch it up a bit.

I have the 02-04 RSX Type S rims on my '15 EX Sedan. They came with 205/55/R16s.
Rims are same size as the EX Rims. 16x6.5 +45

I'm not a big fan of the sidewall, too big for my taste. A friend suggested 195/40/R16s but I'm pretty sure that'll massively effect the Speedo.

Any suggestions?

P.S I'll be switching to either HFP suspension or get H&R Springs haven't quite decided yet as I still want to be able to daily the car and keep it functional 😬

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
So my current tires are about to end and I wanted to switch it up a bit.

I have the 02-04 RSX Type S rims on my '15 EX Sedan. They came with 205/55/R16s.
Rims are same size as the EX Rims. 16x6.5 +45

View attachment 491860 View attachment 491861

I'm not a big fan of the sidewall, too big for my taste. A friend suggested 195/40/R16s but I'm pretty sure that'll massively effect the Speedo.

Any suggestions?

P.S I'll be switching to either HFP suspension or get H&R Springs haven't quite decided yet as I still want to be able to daily the car and keep it functional 😬
195/40/16 is over 11% shorter than stock 205/55/16 tire so that is way off also the wheel gap is going to be huge. If you want to lower your tire profile you need to increase your tire width than decrease your tire profile NOT decrease the width and decrease the profile thats just going to make the tire smaller and smaller. A better fitment would be 215/50/16 which is closer to stock with slightly lower profile or else 215/45/16 would be a more aggressive fitment with a lower profile keep in mind the skinnier your tires the more the wheel gap also HFP suspension only direct fit 12-13 Si Coupe and Sedans.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Hello all. Wondering if these will fit my 2015 honda civic ex.
The car is not lowered etc. Currently has oem stock rims.

Any advice would be appreciated before I go ahead and buy
Hold on. With those wider wheel specs your going to lose 14mm inner clearance that along with much wider 235 tires over the stock 205 I'm not sure if you'll clear the struts. Also at stock height having that wheel gap slapping on large 18's with skinny tires just visualize that for a minute not discouraging you but make sure thats the look your after the wheels themselves look nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hold on. With those wider wheel specs your going to lose 14mm inner clearance that along with much wider 235 tires over the stock 205 I'm not sure if you'll clear the struts. Also at stock height having that wheel gap slapping on large 18's with skinny tires just visualize that for a minute not discouraging you but make sure thats the look your after the wheels themselves look nice.
Thanks for letting me know that. I'm an amateur at best when it comes to this stuff. Just saw a pair of nice rims and good reviews on the tires and thought it would work. No way I could fit those rims in the car ?

I'm open to suggestions

·
I Need A Vacation
13,459 Posts
Thanks for letting me know that. I'm an amateur at best when it comes to this stuff. Just saw a pair of nice rims and good reviews on the tires and thought it would work. No way I could fit those rims in the car ?

I'm open to suggestions
I'm guessing those wheel and tire specs should clear your struts but I can't say for sure. And like I said I don't want to sound like a dick but your going to be at stock ride height with stock wheel gap big 18 inch wheels and thin tires to me that just isn't going to look all that great not to mention going to bigger wheels and tires your performance will go down and MPG could suffer too. I would suggest maybe research wheels and tires a little more see what kind of look you want before putting down the cash there are always wheels and tire deals out there and if you have any fitment questions just post up here alot of guys with knowledge on this forum can help you.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic EX
17 Posts
195/40/16 is over 11% shorter than stock 205/55/16 tire so that is way off also the wheel gap is going to be huge. If you want to lower your tire profile you need to increase your tire width than decrease your tire profile NOT decrease the width and decrease the profile thats just going to make the tire smaller and smaller. A better fitment would be 215/50/16 which is closer to stock with slightly lower profile or else 215/45/16 would be a more aggressive fitment with a lower profile keep in mind the skinnier your tires the more the wheel gap also HFP suspension only direct fit 12-13 Si Coupe and Sedans.
Hmm if that's the case then maybe I should just finance the rims/tires probably get a better Fitment off them. Either Enkei J10s or Avid 06s both 17' with offset of 35-38 on 215/45/R17

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! This is my first day on the forum and I'm looking for some advice on tires and wheels. I'm looking at some forged wheels, preferably 16" for gas mileage. I'm moving from stock 15" steelies, 195/65/15. I'm thinking of 205/60/16 with the new forged wheels.

Hopefully I'll save or have equal weight by moving to alloys. But I'm not sure about oversizing or rubbing issues. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi! This is my first day on the forum and I'm looking for some advice on tires and wheels. I'm looking at some forged wheels, preferably 16" for gas mileage. I'm moving from stock 15" steelies, 195/65/15. I'm thinking of 205/60/16 with the new forged wheels.

Hopefully I'll save or have equal weight by moving to alloys. But I'm not sure about oversizing or rubbing issues. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Could you please tell us what vehicle you have. Is the suspension stock or modified at all?

Rubbing can depend on many factors including ride height, wheel width and offset.

The tire size you mention is about 3% larger than stock. While there shouldn't be any problems, 205/55/16 would be a better match to the stock tire diameter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,418 Posts
He most likely has an LX or DX, as they are the only models that can have 15s from the factory..

I went up one size on my 16s, to 205/55-16, and have no issues at all on stock suspension.

2681 - 2697 of 2697 Posts