9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2701 - 2708 of 2708 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hi! This is my first day on the forum and I'm looking for some advice on tires and wheels. I'm looking at some forged wheels, preferably 16" for gas mileage. I'm moving from stock 15" steelies, 195/65/15. I'm thinking of 205/60/16 with the new forged wheels.

Hopefully I'll save or have equal weight by moving to alloys. But I'm not sure about oversizing or rubbing issues. If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks
Could you please tell us what vehicle you have. Is the suspension stock or modified at all?

Rubbing can depend on many factors including ride height, wheel width and offset.

The tire size you mention is about 3% larger than stock. While there shouldn't be any problems, 205/55/16 would be a better match to the stock tire diameter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
He most likely has an LX or DX, as they are the only models that can have 15s from the factory..

I went up one size on my 16s, to 205/55-16, and have no issues at all on stock suspension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everybody. was looking into the Konig hypergrams 17X8 +45 / and the +35. Eventually looking into a big break kit for the track. Was wondering if any of these sizes would clear the caliper? Please let me know if anybody has any input on this one. Thanks

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hello everybody. was looking into the Konig hypergrams 17X8 +45 / and the +35. Eventually looking into a big break kit for the track. Was wondering if any of these sizes would clear the caliper? Please let me know if anybody has any input on this one. Thanks

Cheers,
I would think that the lower offset would give more clearance for brakes. But the answer will likely depend on the exact brake setup you run. Each caliper could be different so it would be hard to give you an exact answer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would think that the lower offset would give more clearance for brakes. But the answer will likely depend on the exact brake setup you run. Each caliper could be different so it would be hard to give you an exact answer.

Thanks for the reply. Well I was possibly thinking of doing the Acura OEM brembo setup or an alternative way out like buying the stop tech kit. Already have the street kit with hawk pads and I know eventually I’ll work my way up to the bigger setup but just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be a problem. I know rpfs have a decent amount of clearance. The car will always be setup for aggressive camber and will only be using the wheels on track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It’s about time.... so I want to lower my car nothing crazy but just maybe 1-1.5inch does anyone have any idea if it will work without issues on my setup? It’s a 2012 Civic Si and the tires are 225/40R18?

2701 - 2708 of 2708 Posts