9th Gen Civic Forum banner

2721 - 2725 of 2725 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would appreciate feedback on my fitment question. My wife has a 2012 Civic LX Sedan on stock ride height and we are not planning to lower or do any modifications to the fender. We like the current drivability but just looking for a wider/lighter wheel setup from the stock 15" steelies.

I've been looking at Enkei RPF-1 16x8 +38 (Part No. 3796806538) and want to pair this with Firehawk Indy 500 tires size 225/50/16. I haven't had much luck trying to find pictures with these specs (could be a different wheel, just want to see how flush or meaty it may look). If anyone has relevant pics I'd love to see it!

Finally will this rub? I don't want to rub at all since my wife doesn't like any weird noises when driving. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Finally putting in an order for wheels! Just wanted to clarify a few things before I do tho for peace of mind. Going for a 17x8 +35 setup w/ 225/45/17s. I'm aware some people are running the same setup but seeing mixed answers.

Will I rub after a 1.5" drop(H&R + TruHart Shocks)?
I think @Anklebite is running a similar setup if I recall but not sure if he has any fender modifications...

Do I require camber arms or can I get away without them?
I ran this setup and it rarely rubbed. Big dips would touch the fender liner occasionally. Was on tein coilovers with a mild drop though.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Would appreciate feedback on my fitment question. My wife has a 2012 Civic LX Sedan on stock ride height and we are not planning to lower or do any modifications to the fender. We like the current drivability but just looking for a wider/lighter wheel setup from the stock 15" steelies.

I've been looking at Enkei RPF-1 16x8 +38 (Part No. 3796806538) and want to pair this with Firehawk Indy 500 tires size 225/50/16. I haven't had much luck trying to find pictures with these specs (could be a different wheel, just want to see how flush or meaty it may look). If anyone has relevant pics I'd love to see it!

Finally will this rub? I don't want to rub at all since my wife doesn't like any weird noises when driving. Thank you guys.
This should fit fine especially at stock height. These will poke 32mm more than stock so just keep that in mind, might look kinda odd at stock height.

Also, you are giving up a lot of sidewall compared to stock so the ride will be more harsh.
Why not consider a 16x7 with a 205/55/16? There are a ton more tire options in that size too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, you are giving up a lot of sidewall compared to stock so the ride will be more harsh.
Why not consider a 16x7 with a 205/55/16? There are a ton more tire options in that size too.
Appreciate the response dpetro1, my understanding is that correct I will be giving up some sidewall from the Civix LX 15" steelies vs 16" new, however it seems like a Civic EX stock tire size is 205/55/16, and the 225/50/16 I'm looking at is only smaller in diameter by -0.08%, pretty negligible? Let me know if I'm delusional!

I definitely am considering 16x7 in the tire-size you noted. My wife and I are just looking for a wider wheel/tire combo so the car looks nicer from the back so figured a 16x8 and 225 will fit the bill.

Thanks again dpetro1.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Appreciate the response dpetro1, my understanding is that correct I will be giving up some sidewall from the Civix LX 15" steelies vs 16" new, however it seems like a Civic EX stock tire size is 205/55/16, and the 225/50/16 I'm looking at is only smaller in diameter by -0.08%, pretty negligible? Let me know if I'm delusional!

I definitely am considering 16x7 in the tire-size you noted. My wife and I are just looking for a wider wheel/tire combo so the car looks nicer from the back so figured a 16x8 and 225 will fit the bill.

Thanks again dpetro1.
You are correct about overall diameter, nothing wrong with that. But I was referring to ride comfort based on the middle number. The lower profile tire has a shorter sidewall to compensate for the large rim. Lower profile equals less comfort. Not a big deal but compared to stock, it will not be as comfortable. It will handle better and look better though...

195 x .65 = 126.75mm
205 x .55 = 112.75mm
225 x .50 = 112.40mm

2721 - 2725 of 2725 Posts