9th Gen Civic Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2811 Posts

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts
I take that back I thought they were 9.5 they are 8.5’s. So do u think would be a good size to get that won’t look like a monster truck
So what are your wheel specs? 18x8.5 +35? You need to know your wheel specs before buying tires not the other way around.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What do snow tires "look like"? Snow tires come in all different sizes so that reference makes no sense.
Is your concern that there is too much side wall?
Unfortunately there arent many options. You need at least a 225 tire on an 8.5" wheel. Also the offset it too low which is causing your wheels to poke and rub.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do snow tires "look like"? Snow tires come in all different sizes so that reference makes no sense.
Is your concern that there is too much side wall?
Unfortunately there arent many options. You need at least a 225 tire on an 8.5" wheel. Also the offset it too low which is causing your wheels to poke and rub.

Yes that’s my concern and why I made that reference. I got a 235/40/R18. I posted a photo didn’t like the look. So what tire size should I go with that will give me that slight tire tuck and won’t rub.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes that’s my concern and why I made that reference. I got a 235/40/R18. I posted a photo didn’t like the look. So what tire size should I go with that will give me that slight tire tuck and won’t rub.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

So are u saying I got the wrong wheel size???

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Your only other option with that wheel would be 225/40/18. That will be 10mm narrower and also about 9mm shorter than the current tire. It will still be a bit taller than stock and may rub.
The width/offset of the wheel is a little too aggressive causing your fitment problems. Also your tire options are more limited when using an 18" wheel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your only other option with that wheel would be 225/40/18. That will be 10mm narrower and also about 9mm shorter than the current tire. It will still be a bit taller than stock and may rub.
The width/offset of the wheel is a little too aggressive causing your fitment problems. Also your tire options are more limited when using an 18" wheel.

Ok I’ll go with that size that was my stock tire size to being with. Thanks for the information man. Everyone that I’ve spoken with said that 8.5’s are better for a civic than 9.5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 2015 Civic Si Sedan running 19in Honda HFP wheels.
Some may say 19in wheels are too big on a 9th gen but they are the right size to look proportionate to the wheel wells. Posting this to share info on running 19s on a 9th gen since it seems to be pretty uncommon.

Wheels: Honda HFP 19in Wheels (08W19-T3L-101) with spacers (I cannot remember the spacer size, will try to update if I remember)
Suspension: Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers (MR-CDK-HC14SI)
Tires: 235/40 R19 Front and Rear (you can also run 245s in the back but not really worth it for no tire rotation)

Little bit of rub when you lock the steering wheel and definitely over larger bumps but no issues on normal driving, definitely drivable. Fenders are not rolled to my knowledge

·
Registered
119 Posts
Would a +30 offset be okay on a stock suspension? (non SI)

There's a good deal on +25mm hubcentric spacers on amazon right now which are high quality but I mostly see people use +20mm (+35 offset) on Civics.

Wheels are 17x7.5 on 215/45/17 tires

Just making sure before I spend money.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2021 Acura ILX (basically a 9th Gen
Civic Si) is currently running on a set of;

Enkei TSP-5 in 17x8 45ET wrapped in 225/45/17 Pirelli PZero with a tread width of 7:5” and an OD of 25”

Factory ILX wheel is 17x7 45ET with 215/45/17 MIchelin Primacy with a tread width of 7.4” and an OD of 24.7”

I will be lowering the car on the Eibach ProKit Springs and will be purchasing some Falken RT660 for the Enkei set.

The 660 run really wide tread width:
215/45/17 they run 7.6” w/ factory 24.7” OD
225/45/17 they run 7.9” w/ 25” OD
235/40/17 they run 8.6” w/ 24.4” OD

another option is a Kumho V730 in:
245/40/17 they run 8.7” w/ 24.7 OD

As you can see the 215 660’s already run wider than the 225 PZeros I have on the car!

How wide can I expect to go with the ProKit?

As-is Factory ride height;
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you’re doing autox, run the widest you can. I’m stock height and I fit 245/40/17 660 no problem. I’m considering the 255/40/17. I know it fits but the price is a bit high for that tire

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the responses!

Yes. It’s for autocross and a possible HPDE later this summer.

After running with the local autox organization a few times I’ve realized that sticking with H-Street rules set isn’t a high priority as they really run more of an open class event and aren’t sticklers about classifications. Therefore I’m going to lower the car a bit. This may affect my 245+ choices and thus why I’m asking around to have an idea as to what to expect to see if anyone slightly lowered is running wide.

I have a set of 225/45/17 660’s on my son’s 7.5” wide wheels and they seem like 235 or 245’s compared to the RT615K of the same size they replaced!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Depending on how much you lower and how much front camber you can get, you can definitely fit the 255 no problem. You can run spacers if you to need to clear the brakes. If you’re going to the 245/255 route, try a staggered setup. I’d do 255 front and 225 rear.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.

2761 - 2780 of 2811 Posts