9th Gen Civic Forum banner
2781 - 2800 of 2811 Posts

·
Registered
FB6
92 Posts
Hello community,

I am in the market for some new track wheels and I was wondering if the Wedssport 17x8.5 +32 wheels would be a good match for the civic. I am running 235/45 r17 re71r's on the car and I am on Truhart spring/shocks (2" drop).
-2 degrees of camber in the front and -1.5 in the rear.

I have no issues what so ever with my 17x7.5 +45 wheels and certainly do not want to pull or roll or cut anything unless absolutely necessary. Just want to have the widest functional setup the civic will allow.

Has anybody had something similar that works/worked? And any other wheel recommendations? Any input would be helpful. Thank you

Cheers,

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts
Hello community,

I am in the market for some new track wheels and I was wondering if the Wedssport 17x8.5 +32 wheels would be a good match for the civic. I am running 235/45 r17 re71r's on the car and I am on Truhart spring/shocks (2" drop).

I have no issues what so ever with my 17x7.5 +45 wheels and certainly do not want to pull or roll or cut anything unless absolutely necessary. Just want to have the widest functional setup the civic will allow.

Has anybody had something similar that works/worked? And any other wheel recommendations? Any input would be helpful. Thank you

Cheers,
With those wider wheels and lower offset with a 2 inch drop good chance will have some slight rubbing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello community,

Cheers,
You will need to add more front camber and possibly need a spacer.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You will need to add more front camber and possibly need a spacer.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro while on the toilet.
A spacer would make the problem worse. His problem is the low offset will push the wheel out towards the fender causing it to rub.

IMO those wheel specs are too aggressive and are going to cause problems.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
FB6
92 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I think at this point I need a set of coil overs. At least I’ll be able to get the car dialed in. Not sure if that will solve the issue necessary but it will help.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts
Those tires are way too narrow for those wheels. Also those wheels are way too wide and offset way too low for a Civic. Those wheels will poke out quite a bit and those specs will cause fitment issues better do some more research before you buy anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently got new wheels for my si sedan.
Went from 18x7.5 to 18x8.5 running 245/40r18 tires
When I go over a Larger bump, I only rub on my front right tire.
I’ve checked my fender liner to see if it’s messed up compared to the other side but it’s not.
any ideas?

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts
I just recently got new wheels for my si sedan.
Went from 18x7.5 to 18x8.5 running 245/40r18 tires
When I go over a Larger bump, I only rub on my front right tire.
I’ve checked my fender liner to see if it’s messed up compared to the other side but it’s not.
any ideas?
Suspension could of sagged on that one side. That side could be heavier than the other sides causing it to sag more.

·
Registered
2013 Civic si
8 Posts
Hey guys I’m sure this topic has been beat to death, would like to run a 225-45-18 on stock si wheels. Obviously the Speedo would be off like +- 1 kph I’m not to worried I just want a little more comfort and a meaty look I shouldn’t have to much of an issue I take it ?
thanks for help and it’s stock ride height.

·
Registered
FB6
92 Posts
Gentlemen,

After much thought I went with the 17x9 +35 weds.
Going to fit a new set of tires on them so I may go with a shorter sidewall. Maybe 245 40. I will most likely need to take the fender liner out but they have already popped out anyway.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,915 Posts
Hey guys I’m sure this topic has been beat to death . . .
Yes, it has which is why it has been merged into the stickied Fitment thread.

Carry on.

·
I Need A Vacation
14,555 Posts
50 offset is not far from stock but like the dude above me said you might have clearance issues with struts
The dude also mentioned how much wider your wheels would be compared to stock. Wider wheels will cut in to your clearance also wider wheels means wider tires pair that with the slightly higher offset and strut clearance can become an issue. Maybe that dude kind of knows what he was talking about.😎

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been looking at multiple threads but haven't came to a defined answer: Would a 18x8 +35 rim with 215/40's rub when lowered about an inch and a half? Some say it'll rub, some say it won't so I'm not completely sure. Any input would be helpful, thanks

2781 - 2800 of 2811 Posts