9th Gen Civic Forum banner
2801 - 2811 of 2811 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been looking at multiple threads but haven't came to a defined answer: Would a 18x8 +35 rim with 215/40's rub when lowered about an inch and a half? Some say it'll rub, some say it won't so I'm not completely sure. Any input would be helpful, thanks
I’m at 8.5 but it depends on whether you have natural camber or are running any camber bolts/arms. I had to run rear camber arms on my coupe to allow me to stop rubbing when entering driveways but aside from that, I did not rub while driving on the streets or freeway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m at 8.5 but it depends on whether you have natural camber or are running any camber bolts/arms. I had to run rear camber arms on my coupe to allow me to stop rubbing when entering driveways but aside from that, I did not rub while driving on the streets or freeway.
I don't have rear camber arms currently so the rear camber is at about -2° while the front is under -0.5°. How much camber do you run?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all I made a tread before about this but just wanted to make a new one with more ideas. Basically I have a 14 ex and slapped some 18x9.5 38mm 245/40/18 as my wheel set up on stock suspension, only rubs barley when I go over bumps around 60mph either then that no rubbing. Been told my wheels are a bit big but I’ve seen bigger done to 9th gens and look clean. But my goal and plan is to get a nice stanced finish kinda flush with getting lowering springs and rolling my fenders if needed but I wanted to see if there where other options or ideas out there. Again not looking to lower it crazy with camber or anything just something nice and simple. Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey all I made a tread before about this but just wanted to make a new one with more ideas. Basically I have a 14 ex and slapped some 18x9.5 38mm 245/40/18 as my wheel set up on stock suspension, only rubs barley when I go over bumps around 60mph either then that no rubbing. Been told my wheels are a bit big but I’ve seen bigger done to 9th gens and look clean. But my goal and plan is to get a nice stanced finish kinda flush with getting lowering springs and rolling my fenders if needed but I wanted to see if there where other options or ideas out there. Again not looking to lower it crazy with camber or anything just something nice and simple. Thanks.
That width on stock struts is a bit much. Your tire will run against the spring and possibly the strut if you go lower. Ideally you should run aftermarket coilovers. So you have some camber adjustment. There are also camber bolts you can buy that’ll allow you to have camber.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Where's it rubbing? On the strut tube or spring-perch or fender-well?

·
Registered
478 Posts
No problem. I had a sedan before my coupe that I lowered in Eibach Lowering springs and I rubbed on the fender liner and I couldn’t full lock without pushing out the bumper or smacking the fender. I also was running a 18x9 +35 RPF1s. So I was pushing my luck tbh.
Maybe you could use a heat gun on the plastic fender liner to deform the rubbing area and give it some extra clearance?

2801 - 2811 of 2811 Posts