9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2694 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
i have 18x8 215-35-18s. 40mm+

i tried to put on 18x8.5 but the rims wouldnt fit unless i got spacers thus shreading through tires because camber will never be perfect. i also tried 225-40 with this set up but with a small lower, they will rub. so no go on both these options.

rides perfect but i wish i had 215-40s, go with 18x8 trust me

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have an ex and i am trying to get the si wheels on there but i have a question would it work since the ex wheel size is 16 but the si's are 17 and also would it mean i need new tires and i asked somebody else they said if you change up the wheels it does mess up the suspension so would it be worth it

MERGED

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
it works. you'll just have to get new tires. but i think america's tires always has some kind of deal on that.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
wrong section...:moved:

·
Registered
6 Posts
nice bro where did you find the si wheels at and did you have to get new tires adn what was your rim or steelie size before and you feel any difference in like the suspension and driving

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was thinking of going with 235/40-18x8 on a +40 offset, no drop, on the stock Si sedan. Are these tires going to be too wide for the rim? If I'm correct, I believe the stock rims are 17x7, so if the rims I'm getting are a full inch wider, shouldn't the tires be as well, more or less? (215's stock, 1in=25mm, so i figured 235s would be good). Correct me if I'm missing anything here? Also, with the lower rolling resistance of aftermarket alloy rims, I understand but am not worried about the additional drag from the wider tires, I'd rather have grip.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
They'd fit. Need new tires for the bigger wheel size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
18x7.5 black.PNG hello All, thinking about getting these rims for my black LX sedan off of ebay t (on a budget! =D)...looking for some advice. so I plan on adding HR sport springs soon and from what I've read its about a 1.5" drop (correct me ifI i'm wrong)....
1) will these 18x7.5" +38 offset work with the HR sport drop? im not HUGE fan of 215's..i like MEAT on my tires...looking to go 225's..what do ya'll think?
2) they also have these in 17x7 +35 offset...would these be a better option with the drop? would i need to go with even a meaty tire 235's? 230's? do they even make 230's? lol....

bottom line i want a flush alignment with the wheel fender and tire but definitely dont want to rub....

thanks!!! :icon_wave:

21 - 40 of 2694 Posts