9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2674 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Buying Enkei EKM3 help?

Help a fellow 9th gen super noob member out...
Will these rims be okay?
I have 2012 coupe LX
Im Also buying EZ Street Megan Coilovers at the same time.
This is my first time buying rims/tires/coilovers. I just want to make sure when I lower my car (I want it pretty low) that it wont rub or anything else bad happen and actually have a nice look. I dont really like the tires being all too big compared to the rims like monster trucks. well not as crazy as monster truck but just tires looking hella thick, if thats possible without sacrificing any functionality that be awesome. And what does spacers do, like what are the reasons people put them?

I'd rather ask stupid questions that do stupid things, thanks in advance

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
You should be fine. Those wheels are similar, if not identical, in specs to the stock Si wheels. Considering that they aren't too wide at all, I dont see any problems except maybe rolling your fenders if you're gonna go REALLY low. Don't count on my opinion completely though lol, I'm yet to lower my car.

But I do feel ya on the stupid questions thing. I ask em on here all the time.

Nice wheel choice btw:)

·
Registered
947 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that's the same fitment as the stock Si wheels (17x7 +45) so they won't be a problem. And you can lower the car as much as you want if you get the coils so it'll be up to you where you wanna put them at with the wheel fitment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
18x9.5 wrapped in Falkens...hope these fit!

Here's the deal...my buddy was having financial issues, so I helped him out. I bought his wheels and tires off of his 2012 sti. I'm not sure if they're going to fit my car. I didn't do much research, as I should have, so maybe someone can help. Here's the sizes:

18x9.5e38
5x114.3 & 5x100 cross drilled
tires: 255/35/18

the other factor...I ordered my H&R springs before buying these. Will the drop rub, and will I need a camber kit? Please help a brother out!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thats a lot of wheel and tire to try to shove under there but if you are crafty you may be able to get them to work... According to my guide they may stick out beyond the fenders by about 1". Have you test fit one yet? If not, slap one on the front and take a couple pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you're going to need to do a lot of fender work, and run a crazy amount of camber. even still, i doubt those tires will fit. you're going to need to stretch some tires on there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
you're going to need to do a lot of fender work, and run a crazy amount of camber.
Wrong. The wheels will fit no prob cause of the high offset. Those tires are the issue. I have 17x9 +20 running 205/40s with only -4 natural camber (cause my car is almost slammed). You only need to roll your fenders & trade in for 225s or 215s atmost & you will be good.

·
Banned
227 Posts
Here's the deal...my buddy was having financial issues, so I helped him out. I bought his wheels and tires off of his 2012 sti. I'm not sure if they're going to fit my car. I didn't do much research, as I should have, so maybe someone can help. Here's the sizes:

18x9.5e38
5x114.3 & 5x100 cross drilled
tires: 255/35/18

the other factor...I ordered my H&R springs before buying these. Will the drop rub, and will I need a camber kit? Please help a brother out!
i dont think the front will clear the +38 fitment i think the shocks are going to rub the wheel.

41 - 60 of 2674 Posts