9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with an engineer friend of mine that has 462,000 miles on his 350 gas engine Suburban. He used it to tow heavy stuff, and all kinds of driving, you name it. He changes his oil every 6K miles, other fluids on time and filters too. THAT's IT, he said (he's honest). He used Valvoline synthetic. And we talk about oil here on Honda forum. So if a GM can do that, a Honda should go to 10M miles with no oil changes.....

No more oil threads please!!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
In the early 90 s I drove for a plastic mold company.we used Chevy 2500 p/u with v-8 motors.i would drive easily 300-500 miles a day with heavy loads( we added extra leafs and hd shocks).we would change the oil practically every 2 weeks and fluids at exact intervals.we used Quaker state Dino oil and quality fluids and meticulously cleaned the truck weekly.brakes were done way before needed along with any other preventative measures.We would sell the truck at 300,000 and I swear the truck still was rock solid,we agreed to let the potential buyer take it to the local Chevy dealer for a complete inspection and they said it was like the truck had 100,000 on it. In the 6 years I worked there we did this twice.just shows what taking great care will get you.Another funny thing with that first truck was it used only 2 batteries! My 04 has used 4 all ready.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts