9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A little background about my automotive history. My first new car was a 1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R (5sp manual). It was such a great car, so I was heartbroken when I lost it in an accident almost exactly 4 years after I bought it. The new B15 Sentra just came out around that time, so I immediately bought the top of the line (manual) 2000 Sentra SE (the SE-R and Spec V came out in 2002) because it had the same infamously awesome SR-20DE engine as my 200SX. Well, 12 years and 193,000 miles later, the Sentra's engine still runs like new, but the car that surrounds it is starting to fall apart. I still have the car to give me my stick shift fix. I am still a Nissan guy at heart, but I couldn't convince myself to get another Sentra because the current B16 model is SO LAME! Also, I will never buy a car with a CVT.
I was offered a good deal on the Civic EX coupe, so I went over to "the dark side" and am a happy owner of my new car since late April. Not nearly as fun as my 200SX because its an autotragic, but I am older now and I sacrificed by getting the auto so my wife can drive it occasionally. I had to get a reliable and very fuel efficient car for my 55 mile round trip commute and in this regard, the civic doesn't disappoint.
I hope to learn a lot from you all and if anyone reading this is also from Hawaii, please say "howzit!"
BTW, my wife drives a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited, so if anyone wants to know how they compare, just ask. I drive it at least once a week. You guys may not like what I say though! Hehe!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Welcome

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
welcome to 9thgencivic

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Welcome. I hope you come to love Hondas as well. They are amazing cars!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm reception. mkreci, I feel your pain with the black paint. Keeping this thing clean is a full-time job, but the effort is all worth it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome welcome! I just got back from honeymoon in Hawaii. I feel bad for the price of gas you are paying. Y'all have some crazy awesome cars driving around though. I saw NSX's, tons of Audi's and Porsche's, those were just as common as Honda's. Blew my mind. Enjoy that new ride! Doesn't seem like black will be to hard to keep nice around there. Weather is always perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome welcome! I just got back from honeymoon in Hawaii. I feel bad for the price of gas you are paying. Y'all have some crazy awesome cars driving around though. I saw NSX's, tons of Audi's and Porsche's, those were just as common as Honda's. Blew my mind. Enjoy that new ride! Doesn't seem like black will be to hard to keep nice around there. Weather is always perfect.
Too bad the state closed down the Drag racing track on Oahu about 8-10 years ago. All these fast cars with no place to race (legally). Our gov't sucks here. We even had a few nationally recognized turbo civics back in the import racing glory days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts