9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha everyone! :icon_wave:

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I'm from the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii. I just picked up my 2012 Civic on Friday after selling my 2002 Toyota Tacoma. It's a Crystal Black Pearl LX 5-speed manual sedan, and I'm loving it so far. After about 110 miles of mixed driving, I'm showing over 34mpg on the trip computer. It's double what I was getting from my truck, and at this rate, it'll pay for itself.

View attachment 4182

This is actually my 3rd Civic, as I previously owned a 96 coupe and a 07 sedan. Here's some pics of my previous rides...

View attachment 4183
View attachment 4184
View attachment 4185

Thanks for looking!

- Mike

·
Registered
976 Posts
Welcome from Canada! Do you have any rooms for rent? Lol

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the sote and congrats on the new ride

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
congrats! and welcome to 9thgen

·
Registered
47 Posts
You sold your Taco? Isn't that illegal in Maui, lol, EVERYONE has a Tacoma down there!

I know what you mean about the fuel savings. I'm getting 50% better mileage than my previous car (98 Subie), which is taking care about half my monthly payments!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha. Tacomas are like gold here. I had it since new and i absolutely loved that truck, but I got an offer for $2k over KBB for it, so it made sense to sell.

I'm now showing over 36mpg in my Civic, which is more than double the 17mpg I was getting in the truck. With gas at $4.69 and rising fast, I'm saving over $140/mo just in gas.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2012 Civic LX 4D 5MT Build

So I've had my Civic for two weeks tomorrow, and since everyone has a build thread, I figured I'd start one, too. With gas at $4.89 here on Maui, I bought this car strictly as a gas saver DD, so it'll be a mild build. I already have a few plans for this car, but with my wife and I moving 5,000 miles from Hawaii to NC this summer, and with me going back to school in the fall, money's gonna be hard to come by, so this build is gonna progress slowly. like GLACIALLY slow. haha.

All I have so far is an 8th gen Si axleback I got from my co-worker, and a K&N drop-in filter. I have Eibach Sportlines from my 8th gen sitting in a box, but I need to get the 8th gen upper spring isolators, and I'm not sure I wanna drop it right now when I'll have to put it back to stock height when I have to ship it across country in a few months.

Other plans:
  • Tints
  • Rims & tires
  • Fogs
  • Si grill
  • WeatherTech FloorLiners
  • Double-Din aftermarket navi HU
  • Speaker upgrades (components up front, coaxials in the rear deck)
  • 10" sub & amp
  • not sure what else???
View attachment 4569

View attachment 4571

View attachment 4573

View attachment 4575

View attachment 4577

First Mods: 8th gen Si axleback
Very subtle, but looks and sounds much better than stock (deeper and more agressive) while not being so obnoxiously loud as to attract the attention of law enforcement. It was a direct bolt on fit. I know some others removed the chrome finisher, but there seems to be enough clearance, especially since the finisher really doesn't have enough contact with the muffler tip to get really hot.

View attachment 4578

View attachment 4580

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
keep use updated when u drop i on the 8th gen sportlines would like to see how much of a drop it is
but ur car is look good ! :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts