9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Quick Update

Lowered the car more to just above tire height, also added 5mm spacers all around, i think it looks much better, what do you guys think?

Photo Sep 08, 07 47 54.jpg

New supercharger kit is coming along nicely! it should be in my posession in a span of a week!

I have my asian civic components painted and prepared, but i'm stalling until a upcoming local car show to install them, the show is SPOCOM Hawaii on the 28th, planning to install prior too, so pictures should be coming soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Update Time!

Thanks for all the support guys, but i can finally announce that my Asian Front End Conversion is finally installed!

This conversion fit with no crazy modifications needed, no crash bar removal or cutting or anything like that, clips in to all stock front bumper cover locations, even clips in to the stock splash guard!

IMG_1345.jpg
IMG_1344.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Some additional pictures for the front end conversion and the process leading up to the conversion :yahoo::pinkwoot:

Pre-Paint, this is how the bumper came, it was ordered as a OEM replacement part so it came painted in the stock color for the asian market
Asian FB Pre Paint.jpg

Getting the Bumper and Modulo Lip Paint matched to the N/A Honda Color Alabaster Silver
IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

And Finally getting it mounted on the car and the results!
IMG_1334.jpg
IMG_1376.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Some additional pictures for the front end conversion and the process leading up to the conversion :yahoo::pinkwoot:

Pre-Paint, this is how the bumper came, it was ordered as a OEM replacement part so it came painted in the stock color for the asian market
View attachment 475647

Getting the Bumper and Modulo Lip Paint matched to the N/A Honda Color Alabaster Silver
View attachment 475649
View attachment 475651

And Finally getting it mounted on the car and the results!
View attachment 475643
View attachment 475653
wow, how much that that bumper cost?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
wow, how much that that bumper cost?
The Bumper itself was about 600 shipped, the fog-lights and center air dam was another 350 or so

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Major Update!

Aloha to all those that are still following this build thread!

I finally have time to update you all! I finally have installed the Magnum Powers MPX90 Supercharger Kit in to my FB6!

The MPX90 is assembled by Magnum Powers Superchargers in Oregon, I worked with the Owner, Charles, on a custom/test kit for the 9th gen Civic! I am the first 9th gen to be running the Magnum Powers Kit, here is my journey!

The Plan was to reuse the CTE Manifold with this kit, and since MP already had a kit for the 8th gen, he kind of had a platform to go off of, I also had the opportunity to beta test MP's new tensioner design that he sent along with this kit, more on that later!

I also worked with Troy of IMT to continue to use his 1.25 Inch Aftercooler in conjunction with the new kit, he and Charles worked together to ensure that the two platforms were able to work with each other

Before MP sent me the MPX90, he disassembled the blower and used a special coating on the rotors to help delay the rotors heating up under use, he also port and polished the blower while it was disassembled.

Now putting this kit side by side, here are some of the major differences

IMG_2458.jpg

- Size

The MPX90 is quite a bit larger than the MP62 from CTE, to address this, MP sent different bolts to secure the blower to the manifold. With this came the issue to AC Line clearence, but with the CTE Provided AC Line adapter, the line cleared with a little bending

The hood still closes with no problems

Unfortunately, my hood prop no longer fits in its holder, it does store out of the way, a minor annoyance

- Sound

The MPX90 is a tad bit louder then the MP62, but still nearly invisible while at idle ( depending on what exhaust you have)

- Bypass Valve Location

The MPX90 utilized a bypass valve that was located under the intake plenum, as opposed to an external one like the CTE Kit, I used a few vaccum caps to seal off the hole where the old line to the bypass valve once was

-=-=-=-

The Install

- The MPX90

59062720412__43D333C7-C242-4A61-8755-A27DB13EF73E.jpg

The blower itself was a straightforward install, just like installing the CTE Kit, a few bolts held the blower to the manifold, but that's where the similarities end

The new tensioner prototype that MP sent me to test and assess replaces the stock OEM Honda Auto Tensioner and the CTE Idler arm Pulley, with the new tensioner you set the tension manually with a 1/2 inch breaker bar and loosening/ tighting two set screws. This new tensioner makes removing and installing the belt a breeze, release the tensioner all the way and the belt almost falls off, set the tensioner to max with the breaker bar and set screws and the belt tightens up in a instant, no more messing with a idler pulley and hoping you set it right.

- IMT Aftercooler

Working with Troy from IMT, he designed and sent me a base plate for his 1.25 Inch aftercooler kit i was previously running on my CTE Kit, that adapted the cooler to work with the MPX90 kit.

With his instructions, removing the core from the old base plate and swapping it in to the new base plate with the intake and outlet barbs was straight forward, pics bellow

IMG_2454.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2455.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2496.jpg
IMG_2494.jpg

- Supporting Parts

I reused everything i previously had minus the PRL Short Ram intake, due to the way the blower sat when installed, i needed to find a new solution to my intake problem

I settled on the K-Tuned RBC Manifold Short Ram intake that ended up just behind my passenger side headlight, with this kit i also got the K-Tuned upper radiator hose, as it allowed the intake to pass without interference

IMG_2518.jpg

-=-=-

Results

By god does she scream

On a dyno, the power remained the same, as i selected a conservative pulley size, i could potentially get more PSI and more power with a smaller pulley, but i'm pretty content where the car sits now, it feels like a happy medium

I dont have any dyno graph information on me, but when my local tuner was working his magic, he was impressed with the blower overall

https://flic.kr/p/2hwDsHG
https://flic.kr/p/2hwDsBV

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good lord that's a upgrade from the old blower!

*Have you looked into methanol*?
I can't get E85 here, so I like the idea that windshield washing fluid turns regular gas into race gas.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Wicked, sounds amazing. Even the v8 guy in the office turned around and was like wtf is that?

How did you do the sidemarkers?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dude, that's sounds so damn good. I need this in a ringtone version. In all seriousness, I was firmly NA till I just read this update. I now know what I want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Yeah most def a massive upgrade from the CTE Blower haha

No i have not, and getting E85 out here on an island is also kind of a pain in the ass, maybe i should look in to Methanol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wicked, sounds amazing. Even the v8 guy in the office turned around and was like wtf is that?

How did you do the sidemarkers?

Yeah even some of the speed shop guys, who were all v8 guys, were kind of impressed lol

I used a template meant for the RSX, PM your email and i can send it your way if you like!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dude, that's sounds so damn good. I need this in a ringtone version. In all seriousness, I was firmly NA till I just read this update. I now know what I want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man!

Yeah i was firmly a N/A Guy before, I never considered turbo, i feel for a street car it was a bit much, i feel like the S/C is the happy medium!

If you have any further questions feel free to ask away!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts