9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I don't know if anyone out there has this problem but the ambient meter around the speedometer of my 2012 Civic LX stopped working a couple of days ago. It's suppose to turn green when you're driving efficiently and stuff but it just stopped working with the meter light just staying blue all the time even when I'm crusing. I can't really find an explanation to it, it's a minor thing but it just bothers me that it's not working. So if anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Read your manual it tells ya how.I actually turned mine off, but honestly was just fiddling around with it after scottyrocks said he turned his off

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
I'd try helping, but I have the Si which is different. I'd say check the manual again. Just take 10-20 minutes to browse through the whole thing. The answer is in there, I just don't know where. And you'll learn a lot of other cool stuff about your car too!

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Page 86 of the OM. AKA: Fuel Effinciency Backlight.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Econ on or off shouldnt effect it my econ is never on?IDK if you selected on it should work.Call the dealer.Also you need to drive it to test it over 10mph I tested mine just a while ago cause was curious

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yes it does move! Not sure what's wrong:/
Neither do I, but if it doesn't start after some driving, I'd take it back to the dealership. Also, double check that you really did change it by going back into the option.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Was looking through the manual cause I wanted to see if I could set an actual time for when my headlights where on and off instead of a light sensor and saw that I could turn off the ambient lighting on the speedo off so it stops going between blue and green I hated that the car did this and though I was stuck with it. I tried looking in the manual and could find how, there's no actual section that says ambient meter customization. Then I stumbled on this thread and it help perfectly. No more green. So happy it just stays with the theme of the lights all blue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.