9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up guys, recently picked up a pair of kicker cvr 12's and i know how hard they can hit but since i was on a low budget at the time i ended up with a power acoustics 1500 watt amp and a cheap sealed box. So my question is what so i go by doing first a new box, i was thinking something along the lines of a ported or vented box. Or should i go ahead and buy a better amp first?

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
It's well worth it to get a decent box based on the subs specs. You will have a much better sound. And ported and sealed boxes provide different outcomes and depends on what you are looking for out of your subs. Read the article below from Crutchfield.

Subwoofer Enclosures

·
Registered
71 Posts
box is alot cheaper. if you dont have the time, skills or tools, a new box built to spec should be around $150, in my experience. a quality amp for 800rms is at least $200 and could be into the $400s if u go with a premium brand.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Money is not the main concern in a way,essentially but i want to know what would give me better results for the tine being the box or the amp?i dont mind spending the money to get some good quality stuff now .kind of leaning towards the box first any specific boxes you guys can reccomend

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
597 Posts
I was having the same question before. Turned out that sealed box is more tolerant toward size and there's really not much different between amps for subwoofer. If it is a ported box you better have it made exactly matching the specs of the sub. My experiences tell me that a ported sub is not sounding too good in a car though. If you look for good and clean bass you should get a sealed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so for a box whatbrand or company do you guys reccomend i go with? So many things out so many different want something that is going to be worth it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts