9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I found this info while at work and thought I would share. I have been reading around about this company and have heard awesome things.

This is a small company, who really only sell through word of mouth. I have contacted them be email to enquire about a coilover setup for the 9th gen civic.

Here is a link with pictures from Honda-Tech!!! Tell me what ya think. I will keep you updated with information.

*LIFETIME WARRANTY* AMR Engineering Coilover SALE!! IN STOCK! - Honda-Tech

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hear nothing but good things about this company almost bought a set of coilovers from them for my 07 accord. But didn't have the funds at the time.. though they are hefty on price I have never heard a bad thing about their product nor their customer service!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the reply I received from amr!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
They emailed me back right away, I just need to save up some money since they are pricey. You get what you pay for and I'd rather wait awhile and get something custom and high quality.
Here is what they emailed me back:

"Taking the guess work out is primarily what we do as what we specialize in are custom coilover systems. When one of our clients places an order with us we give him a call when we prepare there workorder to discuss with them there needs, and goals for there chassis. In your case you are looking for something for your daily driver, which will allow you to lower the car, while increasing its performance without it being hard on the back."

·
Registered
903 Posts
So gow mich will the coilovers be for us the 9th gens??

Sent from my Iphone which is too slow!! I want my Galaxy s2 Skytocket BACK!!!..lol...At&t FTMFW!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Price wasn't discussed since I'm months (or a year) away from having the money for this, but they are not cheap based on what's on the web site for other Honda's ($1,500-$1,700).
I have no problem with that, you get what you pay for and I've read some great things about the product and service. The other brands ( D2, Tein, Skunk2 ) seem to start around $1,000 so in the scheme of things it's not a bad price for what you get.

It's in Seattle so that makes it local for me, and I prefer to support the small, independent company that makes a high quality product backed by outstanding customer service.

·
Registered
222 Posts
they are amazing! i ordered a set for my 94 integra, best suspension system i ever had, my 2nd best set up was koni yellow/ground control. but even that was no compare for the amr!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yes, but hardly the first (or last) person/company to do such things, but it does turn me off when people do stuff like that. Those posts are 2 years old so who knows what he's like today.

I'm a ways off from getting coilovers, so I've been doing research on all the different brands and it's maddening.

Here is what I've read:
D2, Skunk2, Tein, Buddy Club, AMR, Ksport are all great coilovers

D2, Skunk2, Tein, Buddy Club, AMR, Ksport are junk, absolute garbage, the shocks blow out in 2 months, etc, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I think I'll be waiting for the BC Racing coilovers. I'm kind of skeptical on AMR's life time warranty, knowing that the company is ran by one guy.

He always makes it a point to say he isn't going anywhere and the company will be around for a long time, which of course can mean just the opposite. I feel for the guy, not easy to start, own and run a small business even in a great economy. I've dealt with small companies both as a vendor and employee, the last job I had was just me and the owner. There are sooooo many things that conspire against you in that position, and lack of capitol makes it really hard to compete against large well established places. The economy downturn in 2008 killed us at my last job, owner ended up selling out to the huge global company that was our only real competitor in 2010.

For those small companies that make it, much respect as it takes years and years of really long hours, little or no days off/vacation, and not as much profit as people like to think. That is why I prefer to support the small places, been there as an employee and deal with them at my current job.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
If you think other companies don't do the EXACT same thing your either a moron or very naive. They all either pay people to write good reviews. Or offer incentives for good reviews. Or people that work for them go on forums and gas them up as the greatest products ever.

And those people on the forums decide to hang the guy because of the culture shock of business. Lol. Granted the guy was stupid and did it from the same PC. but it's just the same as other companies buying good reviews.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I Emailed AMR about coilovers for the 2014 Si, and they claim to now have them available (or at least available for build order). I haven't seen any pics yet, but I'll see if they can send me any.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts