9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
its a great value car and set the bench mark for the V6 muscle cars..was named the first car in the world to get 30mpg and have over 300hp. Deff a way better in the value department vs. the camaro and challenger even the genesis. Beats them all in performance as well:) You get alot of car! and of course the GT is nice but look at the gas mileage, cost of insurance etc. Remember the GT takes only premium..and mine will need to as well after installing the race tune haha but either way i would love to have one!! Love the new Boss302 too.

YouTube - ‪V-6 Coupe Drag Race! - Mustang vs Genesis Coupe 3.8 vs Camaro RS vs Challenger SE‬‏

1/4 mile results.
13.7 sec - 102.0 mph - Mustang
14.2 sec - 99.2 mph - Genesis
14.3 sec - 98.9 mph - Camaro
15.7 sec - 89.6 mph - Challenger.

Now from the same Magazine
2008 Honda Accord Coupe vs 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse vs 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Specifications - Comparison - Motor Trend

14.0 sec - 102.5 mph - Accord Coupe V6 6-speed manual :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
that would be on the road driving aha! I had to take acoupe looks lol..thought it was too early but ya it was deff it!:eusa_dance:
Wow.. I wonder why.. So far we've heard of cars being delivered to the dealerships in near future, but already delivered and being driven?, wow. I wonder if that was a test drive from a dealer. Whoever has that car has a duty to come here and tell us about it..

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow.. I wonder why.. So far we've heard of cars being delivered to the dealerships in near future, but already delivered and being driven?, wow. I wonder if that was a test drive from a dealer. Whoever has that car has a duty to come here and tell us about it..
Yea not sure! and the other thing is I don't recall a dealer plate..remember they are built in canada, and one of the plants is just 40 mins from I live and saw it.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
You Traitor!!! You LOSER!!! j/k. Hahaha...Whatever works for you man. Honestly, there are better cars than a civic out there and yours is the Mustang. I really like them as well. If I didn't worry about gas, I would have picked up a STI, Evo, or something high up there as well. Hope you still come in here once in a while in the future and post your killed civic stories...lol...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
well brotha, its been great having you here! but i feel ya on the wait, i couldnt hold out either and bought something else myself. but i go through cars pretty quick so i might end up with a second year 9th gen as im a little worried about the first year production issues. Dont be a stranger, want to see this Stang when you get it!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^ thanks again guys! Im hoping you to end up with the car you like without a looong wait!

I will deff share some stores & pics when I get the car:) im looking at the end of august for delivery..its usally around 6-8 weeks, im hoping 6 but then again it could be 10 aha..just hoping for the best! Then of course I got the break in period which will be just as bad lmao..im hoping to acheive its pull potential in the peformance department eventually by adding a intake,exhaust,headers,throttle body, etc and custom tunes to help it run to its best with the add ones. will see how it goes:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
did you special order it? 6-8 weeks sounds like exactly what i went through with Ford and my truck.......if so have you ever ordered through Ford before?

Yea I special ordered it..they checked the inventory's of all ford dearships in ontario and nothing came up the same as what I was looking for..so ya i gotta wait but at least it'll be exactly how i want it:)

..and no I havent personally ordered from ford before but my parents have.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Well i have ordered with Ford before and here's what you can expect.....

2-4 weeks to get a vin number, once you have a vin number there is a site that allows you to access your window sticker (i have the site when you need it), also if you know how to read the crazy numbers on the sticker then you can figure out what your build date is (i can show you this too), from there you should have your car within 1-3 weeks depending on where its built and how far you are from there. I also have a phone number to Ford direct that you can track your car after the build date.....they can tell you exactly where it is in transit....its a really cool process actually!

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks man appreciate it! Ya the GTI & GLI was also another car in the running..good all around car..congratz btw!! ..but its suppose to be updated/changed for 2012 ive been hearing bupp? so I just went with something fairly new in technology and looks:)
The GTI autobahn is getting new wheels for 2012...basically that's it. I love the car so far!
I'm still keeping up with si news though....:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well i have ordered with Ford before and here's what you can expect.....

2-4 weeks to get a vin number, once you have a vin number there is a site that allows you to access your window sticker (i have the site when you need it), also if you know how to read the crazy numbers on the sticker then you can figure out what your build date is (i can show you this too), from there you should have your car within 1-3 weeks depending on where its built and how far you are from there. I also have a phone number to Ford direct that you can track your car after the build date.....they can tell you exactly where it is in transit....its a really cool process actually!

kk cool appreciate the help!!:) i'll deff hit you up when I get that vin..am I suppose to be checking with the dealership if they received the vin or should they be calling me?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The GTI autobahn is getting new wheels for 2012...basically that's it. I love the car so far!
I'm still keeping up with si news though....:wigglesmiley:
nice curious too what the new wheels look like..what colour did you get btw??

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would LOVE to buy a pony car... But one single characteristic about them can't allow me to but one... THEY DON'T HAVE FOH DOH'S! Lol

One day, one day, SRT 8 will be my weekend getaway car >:]

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I would LOVE to buy a pony car... But one single characteristic about them can't allow me to but one... THEY DON'T HAVE FOH DOH'S! Lol

One day, one day, SRT 8 will be my weekend getaway car >:]
HAHAA sucks for bein practical i know..new charger srt?? lmao

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lol challenger SRT8 (which buy the time I'ld like to buy one who knows if it will still be around). So I would have my daily "utilitarian" FOUR door Si and my two door speed demon/don't give a rat's @ss about mpg's weekend "cruisemobile." Both of which I have none of yet lol... Maybe I'm getting too far ahead.

But enjoy man! I have to say I'm a little J right now! Lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol challenger SRT8 (which buy the time I'ld like to buy one who knows if it will still be around). So I would have my daily "utilitarian" FOUR door Si and my two door speed demon/don't give a rat's @ss about mpg's weekend "cruisemobile." Both of which I have none of yet lol... Maybe I'm getting too far ahead.

But enjoy man! I have to say I'm a little J right now! Lol
ohh aha thought you wanted four door muscle lmao..but ya that would make sence lol

21 - 40 of 52 Posts