9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to be on this forum, 2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr, 1st Honda, Hope that this will be a great friendship, Its my daughters car and I'm her dad that will be taking care of it
for her, I can tell right off that she has had other cars before and this is the first time that she said to me " I Love This Car" It is a great car !!! will be learning a lot from this forum Thanks again all!!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome fellow tennessean... congrats on the car...your daughter is a lucky girl. where u from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, about 20 miles outside Nashville, a place called Goodlettsville, She was on her way to work one morning and a 18 weeler side swiped her in her Jetta and took off Hit and run, totaled loss, had to find a car for her, when looking at a Honda dealer in Nashvilled had the car on the show room floor, She spotted it and asked about it and the salesman said that there was a young man in here looking at it and he was checking with his father if he could get it ( it was White) and he wanted Black, Well one thing led to another and she ended up with it, Looked at all the reasons not to get it, could not find one so she is so Happy tells me everyday how Great this car is, So now I am trying to bone up on a few items, on my DIY list, Changing the oil, Changing the Spark Plugs and Air Filters, These are things that needs to be done by the owner and not by the dealers and anything else that one can safely do to help keep the cost down..

·
Registered
405 Posts
A lot of people from TN on this board I see, it's cool to see a lot of love from the Southeast.

Congrats on the new vehicle, I'm coming back to a honda after owning a nissan, a mitsubishi and my first domestic, a Jeep, and honestly I can't wait. Reliability and quality for an affordable price is hard to beat from honda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all ! very happy to have found this place, I worked at the Nissan Mfg, plant for over 25 years, so I have a love for cars, Very glad to see my daughter in her Si, great engine, I was very pleased to hear that Honda on most models went to a timing chain, I am old school you might say I don't much care for a timing belt, if I had a choice, and if you are like me I generaly hang on to my cars or trucks a long time, ie my pickup 97, 140000 miles
04 Jeep 75000 so if they had a belt I would have either had to learn how to replace it (which I don't think I would takle) or put out the money to have it done, enought said, Again thanks for the warm welcome, feels like home...

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Thanks for the reply, about 20 miles outside Nashville, a place called Goodlettsville, She was on her way to work one morning and a 18 weeler side swiped her in her Jetta and took off Hit and run, totaled loss, had to find a car for her, when looking at a Honda dealer in Nashvilled had the car on the show room floor, She spotted it and asked about it and the salesman said that there was a young man in here looking at it and he was checking with his father if he could get it ( it was White) and he wanted Black, Well one thing led to another and she ended up with it, Looked at all the reasons not to get it, could not find one so she is so Happy tells me everyday how Great this car is, So now I am trying to bone up on a few items, on my DIY list, Changing the oil, Changing the Spark Plugs and Air Filters, These are things that needs to be done by the owner and not by the dealers and anything else that one can safely do to help keep the cost down..

thats cool..i used to live down in Hendersonville. Sucks about the wreck but as long as she wasnt hurt is all that matters. Im up on the upper cumberland around Dale Hollow Lake....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats a very nice place up there! I don't know how long you have been away from Hendersonville, but you would not know the place off of Indian Lake road now ! I believe they have taken all the busines away from Rivergate Mall. Thanks about my daughter she didnot get hurt the the whole left side was ripped up by the lug nuts of the tractor, looked like a Ben Hur movie, and you know how that Nashville traffic is in the mornings, Things are getting back to normal again, been reading alot of post here and getting some great info already, she said the other day she wants to get mud guards on, and there was a good write up and pic to go along with it. so thats a good start, I'm changing her oil at 5000 miles, I don't know what the maintance reminder is set at, but with sync oil we have had good luck with her other car which had a turbo in and changing it at that interval and using the OEM filters, that to me is the life blood of the engine.. will check back later Thanks again..

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
i left there back in 2000...im orginally from up here and got tired of factory work. so i moved back up here and went back to school. Ive been there a few times over the past few years taking patients and its definetely changed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean by factory work, I spent 25 years at the Nissan plant here, It can get to you, I really liked it, I guess I got in on the bottom floor you might say, was one of first hired into the Piaint plant and had 2 trips to Japan, so it was good, before that I was a service tech and worked all over upper part of tennessee and Kentucy, that got to me traveling all the time so, I changed when they started down there, any way it worked out and I am now retired, wondering how I was able to take care of all this and work too, Its a full time job its great !! love it..

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
yea,,,, easy to get burnt out in the factory. just glad a i found a profession i love. i make less than factory work but its much more rewarding work

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what important to like what you do, when you have to drag yourself out of the door to go to work everyday to some place that you dislike, can make life around you not a happy one, But to have a job you look foward to go in everyday make life more enjoyable, And I am sure you know this. Good for you !!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
your exactly... took me a long time to realize its not all about the money

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Great to be on this forum, 2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr, 1st Honda, Hope that this will be a great friendship, Its my daughters car and I'm her dad that will be taking care of it
for her, I can tell right off that she has had other cars before and this is the first time that she said to me " I Love This Car" It is a great car !!! will be learning a lot from this forum Thanks again all!!
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Not sure which car I would rather be sideswiped by a semi in but pretty sure I know which one I would rather drive everyday. I am glad she loves her Si and hope she enjoys it for a long time to come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
she had a 04 jetta 1.8 T, she really liked that car Black, and I am really glad she didnot get hurt, but kinda upset me that the guy didnot stop, But when she started looking for a car I told her I didnot want another VW not knocking it, So we went to a Honda Dealer this was on the Dealer floor, the only one they had, she drove it, we talked about it and one thing let to another, She tells me everyday how much she love this car over the one she had, and now knows why you see alot of honda's on the road, I know it will last her a long time if someone doesnot hit her !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats on the new Si and happy to hear your daughter is really enjoying her new car. I've had mine for a month now and have to say I really love it also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She told me yesterday that when she parks it and walks away and turns around and looks at it, she said that she still can't believe it is her's, and by the way dad it really would look better if it had a set of splash guards on it (hint, hint for christmas) What do you know about that !!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome Sir and enjoy the car my family live in waverly Tenn. but i live in PR working there in engineering miis my Fam....Nice state to live and enjoy yourselves the brand new SI :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts