9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was lucky enough to have my car be the K&N video installation car for the k&N typhoon system. The production team at.powertv were awesome. Little did I know I would get so much more. I got to keep the system as well as have my car dyno'd before and after. Sweet right. Gains were 5hp and almost 5 tq lbs at the wheels. Seems like small gains but the feel is just awesome. Having had the injen installed I must say im a huge fan. Feels super responsive and the sound is great. No lagging feeling. Pics and vid links below.

before

after

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the shop is was super mean sounding but on street it sounds awesome too. Especially when VTEC kicks at.WOT.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's so cool. Your car sounds awesome. I was thinking K&N just because of the ease of going back to stock for warranty work. But you pretty much made up my mind. Bonus, I get to see what my car would look like with Plasti Wheels. Thanks for the Vid!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Those videos are awesome, but no dyno results for us??

Will you provide a link for the video they were making? I'm sure the mic on that camera has much better audio quality...

Reactions: Digger

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Yes, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see results.

Reactions: Digger

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds good, making me won't one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
918 Posts
How does it feels vs the Injen you used to have? Can you take some more intakes temperatures readings like you did for the Injen one just for comparaison purposes?

Marko!

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Never saw any Dyno numbers... I bought this intake yesterday, and am now worried that it's gonna drive funny without Flashpro and tune. : (

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
CHeck this out:

I can't say that I believe true 11 hp and 7 tq, but the guy mentions that no tuning is necessary for the proclaimed gains.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm hearing 5hp and 11hp. Either way there are only 5 intake systems available, two being the exact same thing, and according to customers, this is better than the AFE and Injen. The Greddy and Takeda seem to be just as good as the K&N.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how well the foam will seal against the hood, it looks cheap and breakable.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts