9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys. Really close to buying this car, but the dealers I have called still aren't willing to budge from MSRP. Has anyone had any luck at any of the Ontario dealers? I realize there's a $1000 gas card from Honda, but the dealers are still being stubborn. I was looking for $500 off MSRP, but it seems impossible. Anyone have any luck on a 2012 LX?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya its a new model so it's typical for the Dealers to hold some gross. You need to have a connection to the Dealership. I live in Calgary and I used to work for Calgary Honda. I can walk in there and get $500.00 over invoice as I dont mind the Dealer making a little bit of money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got my 2012 Si from a dealer in Quebec.
I was able to get a free winter accessory kit (mats, trunk liner, mud guards) 379$ value and 1000$ off a set of 1200$ 17" Honda mags for the winter. Basically getting 17" mags for the price of 16" steel rims.

I think if you try to deal in free items rather then cash you will have more success since free items are a win/win situation for both you and the dealer.

Items to consider, is asking them to throw in wheels, tires, a remote starter, a free tint, a couple oil changes, etc... Take a walk around the parts department and look for some goodies that you like. You can even get heated seats in the Si if you want... 500$ per seat.

Start with the big ticket items, then once the deal looks almost closed ask for a few more smaller things... They have lots of room... We Canadians overpay for cars big time compared to the deals on the U.S side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you're in the Ottawa area, there's someone at Dow Honda that could. I got $500 off my EX coupe. MSRP=19900, my price=19400.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I got full Weathertech floor liners included, and $500 off (Around $800-$900 total value) as well as they gave me a little extra on the trade in which helped a lot.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i got factory vent visors, weather mats, $1000 gas card taken off the price of the vehicle + an additional 300 off....lease though..

i used to work at honda in sales and 500 off any civic is hard for the sales guy to swallow as he makes jack in commissions...two accessories, a few hundred off and i think your doing okay.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You need to know someone that works at Honda Manufacturing in Alliston so they can get you the employer discount... I picked up my Si for $24.301 with discount and I got the $1000 gas card to. I'm financing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts