9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh!
Anyone here buy/install a downpipe on their 9th gen si? If so what brand and type (Catted or Catless) did you get and do you know if you will pass emissions?

Also if you have the RV6, how did you obtain it? Did you order it through the RV6 U.S. site, or is their Canadian retailer that I may have missed.

Thanks a lot for any info! Hopefully we can set up a GTA meet-up!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the RV6 catted DP. Bought it through them direct. Be prepared to pay taxes on it when it is delivered.
Wish I bought the Full-Race for the following reasons:
- 3 inch
- Second O2 sensor is in the right place
- My RV6 makes a light rattling sound.

We don't have emissions testing in Vancouver anymore.

Reactions: kevvo21

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are emissions in Ontario??
The only problem you could have is when you go for your MVI, it requires you to have a catalytic converter.
Although, I have a skunk2 catless downpipe and passed my MVI at my local honda dealership without a problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have the RV6 catted DP. Bought it through them direct. Be prepared to pay taxes on it when it is delivered.
Wish I bought the Full-Race for the following reasons:
- 3 inch
- Second O2 sensor is in the right place
- My RV6 makes a light rattling sound.

We don't have emissions testing in Vancouver anymore.
Great, I was really conflicted between the RV6 & FR but looks like im leaning more towards it, just need to get a rear motor mount

·
Registered
370 Posts
Emissions ? whats this ? lol :p

Reactions: kevvo21

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Bought the RV6 catted downpipe on their website, didn't find any other cheaper place to get one.

without any ceramic coating it come to a total of 800$ CAD after border clearance and everything.

Sound and Performance seem good for me, i'm currently tunning with Vittuned

Incredible high craftmanship.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya $800 is insane, thats why I said going 3" FR + rear motor mount would be relatively the same price. But I'm still so conflicted, good thing I'm giving myself a lot of time to think it through.

I think NOW I'm leaning towards the rv6 as there is no need for a RMM, no clearance issues, you can run it for awhile without a tune and i heard the quality of the downpipes are just terrific, plus overall it'll be around $250 cheaper than getting the FR+RMM+install of it all. I know a RMM really improves engine & transmission response, but it also brings annoying vibrations to your cabin at idle and worse when you turn the AC on/ That prob won't be the best for me since I usually carry passengers. I also don't plan on going forced induction, I want to keep it as a fun daily, so I guess a 3" DP isn't ideal for me. I've contacted many shops and none carry the rv6 :(, guess I'll be ordering off of rv6.

I'll definitely update the thread with the route I take, I'll also likely be tuning with OnPoint in Mississauga or VitViper

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had mine in without a rear mount and under hard acceleration it hits the subframe. I am sure if it hits the subframe enough, it will crack. Another members says it doesn't hit. I put a rear motor mount in and it doesn't make that clunk anymore. You can choose though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had mine in without a rear mount and under hard acceleration it hits the subframe. I am sure if it hits the subframe enough, it will crack. Another members says it doesn't hit. I put a rear motor mount in and it doesn't make that clunk anymore. You can choose though.
Damn and you have 75a rmm? haha isn't that like hella stiff? If anything, down the road I'd get a 62a.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have heard alot of peeps like the rv6. How far are you from the border? Anytime i buy parts thru usa, most of the time shipping is free, i just make a lil road trip to our border crossing (emerson,mb). Have a parcel service there. Just an option?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have heard alot of peeps like the rv6. How far are you from the border? Anytime i buy parts thru usa, most of the time shipping is free, i just make a lil road trip to our border crossing (emerson,mb). Have a parcel service there. Just an option?
About an hour drive away from niagara falls, haha that's not a bad idea, i'll look into that, thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am close to the border. I usually get free shipping, but the taxes and duty is killer. Adds to the purchase. The border always adds a handling fee an top of taxes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Damn and you have 75a rmm? haha isn't that like hella stiff? If anything, down the road I'd get a 62a.
I have no vibrations with the RMM. I think it is great. The feel is good combined with the shifter. I wouldn't get the softer one as I have heard that the softer one makes for more vibrations. To bad you weren't in Vancouver. I would let you check mine out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Man why dont you drive to Garage16 in Mississauga ? instead of buying online and getting ripped with currency exchange, duties and other stuff like that

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man why dont you drive to Garage16 in Mississauga ? instead of buying online and getting ripped with currency exchange, duties and other stuff like that
I always go there, but they don't supply it, they don't even carry Fullrace. Teknotik carries fullrace, but not rv6.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So just to update for those interested in getting a RV6, i contacted them and they basically told me that customers may pay around 11% in taxes/duties and if you want to save on shipping and duties you can ship it to a shipping mail box by niagara falls, new york, and pick it up whenever you can. They also use USPS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts