9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Honda owners. I continue to enjoy my Honda Accord 1998 with over 260,000 miles on her and look great and runs as good as when I drove her off the dealership lot 17 years ago new.
Is it a myth or fact that Honda Civics also achieve high milage?
I what to know. Lease post your Civic on this blog thread for everyone to see. Thank you in advance!!!

P.S: I am posting a pic on my Accord with the 260,000 plus miles even though this is a Civic site because I love Honda AND my wife and both own Honda Civics.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1402748988.264978.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402749013.090191.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1402749030.271602.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
It always depends on the owner and how he takes care of it or doesn't, whether it is wrecked or not, and just plain luck sometimes. The average driver has a wreck every eight years. There are many Civics with your mileage out there I would be willing to bet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree RoadCourse. It would be nice to see some of these Civics posted on this blog. Pictures and testimonials play a key roll in the decision making of folks wondering why they pay a more for a Honda than other cars.
I believe that with those factors you mentioned aside, the #1 reason why people buy Honda is for it's long life and reliability.
With respect to Honda's great car design and proud racing history, most of the Hondas made are built to last and I want more proof and I know they are out there.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There are many, many, many Civics over 200k miles, but I doubt many (if any) 2012 and newer... and this board only refers to 9th generation Civics... 2012, 2013 and 2014.... So you're not really gonna find a 200k mile car here just yet.... I mean yours has 260k, but over 17 years. These cars have only existed for 3.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Check out the high milers thread you'll find some 9thgen with pretty high mileage on them now but to find a 9thgen with 200K you'd have to look for someone who pretty much lives in the car.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I am approximately 120,000 miles short of that mark at this time. I have easily passed 200,000 with every civic I have owned so far.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
If this thread is put into the 'other cars' section, it should alleviate the 'non-Civic' crowd.

The intentions were to bolster the belief that Hondas (with proper maintenance) are dead-nuts reliable, and to serve as an encouragement tool to prospective car buyers.

We have threads asking us to list all of our past cars, and stuff such as that, so this would be good (or better) thread, as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right Scotty. I put this thread here because there may be individuals that have had or still own older Civics with high milage and have subsequently purchased 9 th gen Civics recently.
I certainly bought another Honda because it was a Honda.
All I want to do is feel even more comfortable in my purchases of two 2013 Civics. My wife's LX model and my 2013 SI.

So, if there are those folks out there checking out the 9the gen blog that still own an older Civic with high milage, I want to know. Pics and testimonials. And, our 9th gen Civic family members that still own an older civic model besides a new 9th gen, please post pics and testimonials.

I will create this blog somewhere else also.

I hear so much hatred towards Honda and I'm curious why?

·
Registered
53 Posts
IMG806.jpg

Had to go digging around my hard drive but this is how many kilometers my 96 Civic hatchback had before I got rid of it. (232669 miles) Probably had more because the speedometer and odometer only worked intermittently. Also my Acura Cl had 380 000 kilometers on it before it went to the scrapper

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
View attachment 212058

Had to go digging around my hard drive but this is how many kilometers my 96 Civic hatchback had before I got rid of it. (232669 miles) Probably had more because the speedometer and odometer only worked intermittently. Also my Acura Cl had 380 000 kilometers on it before it went to the scrapper
This is what it's all about people!!! WOW!
Way to go on your old Civic.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
My mix of driving includes very little in the city, mostly open highway.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I am approximately 120,000 miles short of that mark at this time. I have easily passed 200,000 with every civic I have owned so far.
I would be very interested to know how you're able to get so many miles on your previous vehicles. Maintenance tips, maybe driving style, etc.
This is the first car I'm planning to keep long term, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had several Hondas over 200k. '86 accord manual with 280k before selling. '86 crx si manual (no factory a/c) with 240k before I hit a deer cruising at 90mph late one night and still I sold it for $600. '99 accord manual bought at 140k and sold for $3000 at 190k. Now my '13 Si is already at 57k.

Had an '86 rx-7 in the mix that I bought at 180k and made it to 240k before motor seized. I beat the crap out of that thing daily. Was original motor.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Here is my 2000 Civic Si with 235,000 miles on her.

I think my last odometer shot was this one though with only 227k and change on it.
Any tips?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Honda has many cars near 200K miles. My son has had a few over the years. The main reason is lots of Highway. That is the easiest on the oil and engine. You wont see a lot of Honda cars with that many miles driving short trips and city driving like Chicago or New York.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honda has many cars near 200K miles. My son has had a few over the years. The main reason is lots of Highway. That is the easiest on the oil and engine. You wont see a lot of Honda cars with that many miles driving short trips and city driving like Chicago or New York.
Are you saying high mileage Hondas are only because they've been driven mainly on highway?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts