9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Original floormats! Ours last, what, 6 months? hahahahahahaaaaa
My floormats have like 2.5 years now and they look in good shape, but I agree, they are so cheap, my eyes hurt every time I see they. May be it's my low miles, I'm on the 28k miles mark.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I met a guy at a Honda dealership who says his 1996 Civic HX has 500k on it. He said it's been nothing but routine maintenance and he still gets 50 MPGs. I was like, what the what the what the! I'd love to have that Civic. Of course I'd probably trash it in a week trying to redline it.
LOL. After 500 K, 50 mpg? That's crazy!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
On April 27 was my 2013 Civic Si Sedan's 1 year anniversary and clocked 28K miles, primarily hwy miles. Today I sit at 35850 miles. Crazy how I can easily average 28-30K miles a year. It'll be at 100K within the next 2-3 years. Car is still running strong!!!
Congrats on your SI's 1 year mark anniversary. I am more than confident your SI will go past 200,000 and way beyond that if you choose to keep her and take care of her.
Of course that nay change if Honda releases the Civic Type R in the US market and people rush to trade in their SI's. LOL.
I am keeping my SI and will probably get the Type R too if they release it in the U.s Of course. Lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
Poko, check my sig. All in kms but run long.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,191 Posts
I must have seen five or six 7th gen Civic sedans on my 20 mile commute this morning. Those are cars that are from 2005 and older.

I don't know that they have 200k miles on them, but that's a lot of older cars of one particular model, a testament to their longevity.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I must have seen five or six 7th gen Civic sedans on my 20 mile commute this morning. Those are cars that are from 2005 and older.

I don't know that they have 200k miles on them, but that's a lot of older cars of one particular model, a testament to their longevity.
You know Scotty, I see those older generation Civics also all over the place and I'm sure they have to have high milage. I wish I can talk to some of those people now and then and take a few pics of their car and odometer without being too creepy. I'll bet some of those high milage cars have broken odometers and have stopped working well past 300,000 miles and the owners have no idea how many original miles they have.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,191 Posts
Don't think I haven't thought about pulling up next to one of those cars, doing the old 'roll down the window' motion :), and asking about total mileage. But I don't.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
LOL. I suppose in this time and age, people would feel uncomfortable motioning them when you are next to them. Gees, they would probably think you are trying to jack their ride and call the cops.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,191 Posts
I think I'm gonna do it the next time I have the opportunity.

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
Don't think I haven't thought about pulling up next to one of those cars, doing the old 'roll down the window' motion :), and asking about total mileage. But I don't.
I did just that Sunday to a gal next to me at a stop light. Her Civic was four years old, looked brand new, and she said it had 109,000 miles on it. She said her father's Odessey had 250000 miles on it and ran perfect.

Lots of cars are running around with 300,000 miles on them. About a year ago an Accord made the million mile mark somewhere with harsh climate. Just take care of the damned thing and drive it like a civilized person with intelligence and most cars will last longer than you want them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I did just that Sunday to a gal next to me at a stop light. Her Civic was four years old, looked brand new, and she said it had 109,000 miles on it. She said her father's Odessey had 250000 miles on it and ran perfect.

Lots of cars are running around with 300,000 miles on them. About a year ago an Accord made the million mile mark somewhere with harsh climate. Just take care of the damned thing and drive it like a civilized person with intelligence and most cars will last longer than you want them.
Agreed! However that's only half of the equation. It's also obvious that a major contributor to longevity of a car is how well engineered and the level of quality goes into the manufacturing of the car.
We all know that planned obsolescence in the manufacturing of any product perpetuates more sales. It's interesting to find manufacturers out there that do the opposite and strive to deliver products that are planned to survive past it's life expectancy. I say the Honda is one if those companies. LOL. Opposite thinking by giving the consumer a product to last is actually Honda's success. That is awesome. I would only speculate without proper DMAIC (an abbreviation for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) refers to a data-driven improvement optimizing and stabilizing business processes and designs. The DMAIC improvement cycle is the core tool used to drive Six Sigma projects that Honda's six sigma rating scale is about 2.0 defect per million products produced or close to that. A unpresidented nearly 6 sigma

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
In short.
ALL companies that think the old way of making a product to die within a time frame they select per engineered and by clever marketing to suggest to the masses that buying the latest and greatest model is dead! consumers that buy a Honda for example are well educated and they study and do research about the product they will buy before they buy it. What do they want #1 longevity, #2) reliability, #3 Quality. And of course the price. Build a product to Last longer than all the others and build it to a high level of quality all keeping in mind the price point is no easy task. That's why people come back to Honda over and over again.
We see then on the road, hear people talking about how great the Civic, Accord and all the other Honda's are us one thing but to see the odometer and to know that it's original miles without a new engine or tranny is another thing.
A picture is worth a thousand words, right?
I give some if those provided by consumers like you here on this thread. So, thank you and keep them coming.
A NOT TO HONDA! Do not fail in your quality. Do not fail giving the consumer the best for the least in price and for God's sake!!!! GIVE US THE TYPE R!!!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
To ALL the Honda auto workers on the 1990 and my 1998 Honda Accord assembly line in Ohio,
Thank you for building me a great car.

For that reason, I continue to buy Honda, my family buts Honda and a my friends continue to buy Honda.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts